T.O. open to landing in Cardinals' nest
Yes, Owens is still looking to get back into the National Football League after not playing in 2011. Owens suffered a torn ACL following the 2010 season and underwent surgery last April. The NFL's 6th-leading all-time receiver declared himself fit to play, yet had no takers -- in the big time, that is.
Friday, after attending the Suns' win over the Clippers, T.O. spoke about his new career with the Allen (TX) Wranglers in the IFL. "It's a shorter field. Everything's quicker, faster, so it's only going to make me better.
"It's interesting, it's a little different, but at the end of the day, like I been telling people, it's still football."
Since he's still playing football, his stint in the IFL might prepare Owens to return to the league as a number two receiver. But would he ever think of himself as a number two and come to the Cardinals?
"Of course, I mean the last couple teams I've been on I've went in as number two," Owens said. "I would definitely love to play with Larry (Fitzgerald), if that's a possibility."
Stepping out of the limelight for Fitzgerald would be a big change for Owens, who has been the big name receiver on his previous teams. "Larry and I are good friends, so I'm sure I could coexist and try and make some things happen."
In the end, whether Owens lands with the Cardinals, another franchise or stays in the IFL, there's one thing he misses most about the NFL.
"Fifty more yards," he said.
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br
- Earl Watford, Cardinals 4th Round Selection - Wednesday May 1Earl Watford talked to Doug & Wolf about his strengths and being drafted out of a small school.