Updated Mar 6, 2012 - 7:28 pm
Manning to AZ? Dockett says 'yes'
But Tuesday, they got kicked into high gear when news broke that the Indianapolis Colts would indeed cut the four-time MVP instead of paying his astronomical $28 million roster bonus. Manning missed the 2011 season after undergoing four neck surgeries.
Since then, the twitterverse has exploded with Manning rumors, and Arizona is a popular choice among those speculating on #18's future employer.
But what about the players already on the Cardinals' roster? What do they think?
Leave it to the most outspoken member of #Birdgang to put his thoughts out there. Of course, I'm speaking about defensive lineman Darnell Dockett.
Peyton to AZ!!!!!!— DARNELL DOCKETT (@ddockett) March 7, 2012
After receiving some feedback from Cardinal fans, Dockett clarified his thoughts.
Look yall, I like all our QB's, I don't care who the QB is we are gonna win the west either way! but damn who wouldn't wanna play w/ peyton!— DARNELL DOCKETT (@ddockett) March 7, 2012
Dockett didn't stop there, also granting an interview to NFL Network, where he did his best sales pitch on why Manning should come to the desert.
"He'd get to play in a dome, the weather's nice for him, the coaching staff is great, our management is doing a wonderful job," Dockett said during the interview. "He has arguably the best wide receiver in the game in Larry Fitzgerald, two good running backs that are young and an improving defense.
"And the weather's nice, Peyton could get a tan and everything...I'll even give him my parking spot."
Keep in mind that once Indianapolis officially cuts Manning, he's free to sign with any team he wishes -- even ahead of the beginning of the NFL free agency period on March 13, so he could have a new home soon.
Dockett summed up the feelings of hundreds of NFL players by asking "who wouldn't want to play with Manning?"
That's a pretty valid question, after all.
- Cardinals offensive tackle Eric Winston: Playing meaningful games 'is what it's all about'
- Jaws: Dansby playing with a chip on his shoulder
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 12
- Stability at quarterback a huge catalyst for Arizona Cardinals' 2013 success
- Franz's 2013 NFL Power Poll - Week 15
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 12The Cardinals are in the playoff race.
- Steve Tasker, NFL Analyst - Wednesday December 11Tasker discusses Carson Palmer, Tyrann Mathieu and what's going on with the Redskins.
- John Abraham, AZ Cardinals - Monday December 9Abraham discusses his outstanding game, his record career and how long he plans to play.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Monday December 9The Cardinals get a huge division win, but lose a huge piece to their defense.
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.