Updated Mar 6, 2012 - 7:28 pm
Manning to AZ? Dockett says 'yes'
But Tuesday, they got kicked into high gear when news broke that the Indianapolis Colts would indeed cut the four-time MVP instead of paying his astronomical $28 million roster bonus. Manning missed the 2011 season after undergoing four neck surgeries.
Since then, the twitterverse has exploded with Manning rumors, and Arizona is a popular choice among those speculating on #18's future employer.
But what about the players already on the Cardinals' roster? What do they think?
Leave it to the most outspoken member of #Birdgang to put his thoughts out there. Of course, I'm speaking about defensive lineman Darnell Dockett.
Peyton to AZ!!!!!!— DARNELL DOCKETT (@ddockett) March 7, 2012
After receiving some feedback from Cardinal fans, Dockett clarified his thoughts.
Look yall, I like all our QB's, I don't care who the QB is we are gonna win the west either way! but damn who wouldn't wanna play w/ peyton!— DARNELL DOCKETT (@ddockett) March 7, 2012
Dockett didn't stop there, also granting an interview to NFL Network, where he did his best sales pitch on why Manning should come to the desert.
"He'd get to play in a dome, the weather's nice for him, the coaching staff is great, our management is doing a wonderful job," Dockett said during the interview. "He has arguably the best wide receiver in the game in Larry Fitzgerald, two good running backs that are young and an improving defense.
"And the weather's nice, Peyton could get a tan and everything...I'll even give him my parking spot."
Keep in mind that once Indianapolis officially cuts Manning, he's free to sign with any team he wishes -- even ahead of the beginning of the NFL free agency period on March 13, so he could have a new home soon.
Dockett summed up the feelings of hundreds of NFL players by asking "who wouldn't want to play with Manning?"
That's a pretty valid question, after all.
- Paul Fanaika, Arizona Cardinals offensive guard - Wednesday July 30The Arizona Cardinals’ offensive guard Paul Fanaika joins the show to discuss training camp.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Wednesday July 30NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner discusses Arizona Cardinals' training camp.
- Patrick Peterson, Arizona Cardinals cornerback - Wednesday July 30Arizona Cardinals' defensive cornerback Patrick Peterson discusses his new contract extension.
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.
- Pete Prisco- CBS NFL Analyst - Wednesday July 30Pete Prisco talks about the top cornerbacks in the NFL.