Updated Mar 10, 2012 - 1:19 pm
Fitzgerald: 'I don't know anything' on Manning front
But there was no Peyton Manning.
Manning, the free agent quarterback cut earlier this week by the Indianapolis Colts, visited the Denver Broncos for approximately six hours on Friday and reportedly spent the night in the Mile High City. There are rumblings that Manning will next visit the Arizona Cardinals, but nobody knows or is willing to talk about when that pow-wow will occur.
And nobody includes Cardinals' Pro Bowl wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald.
Fitzgerald was one of several NFL players at the Cardinals' facility for 9th Annual Kurt Warner Ultimate Football Experience flag football tournament, and either #11 is tight-lipped or doesn't have any knowledge of the Cards' planned itinerary for Manning.
"I haven't heard anything about it," Fitzgerald said. "I'll be interested to see (what happens). I'm kind of picking up everything on the ticker on ESPN and the different sports affiliations in the country just like you guys are."
Could it be that the Cardinals' brass would keep their chief recruiting tool in the dark about a possible franchise-shifting free agent signing?
"If there is, I haven't gotten an invite yet," Fitzgerald said when asked about a possible dinner meeting with Manning and team officials. "As of this point right now, 12:08 on Saturday, I don't know anything."
Fitzgerald and Manning have combined to play in three Super Bowls and 17 Pro Bowls, so one would think the duo would have more than a casual acquaintance. Maybe not.
"I just know him in passing. It's not like I have his phone number or anything like that," he said. "If I saw him and he walked by, I'd know who he is, and he'd probably know who I was."
Speculation around the facility is that Manning would probably be in for a visit Saturday after the crowd filed out from Warner's event, or Sunday.
- Arizona Cardinals' Deone Bucannon supplies the highlight of Tuesday's practice
- Arizona Cardinals RB Stepfan Taylor 'expecting more of a role' in 2014
- Arizona Cardinals training camp: Carson Chats - July 29, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals training camp: All-Access with Bruce Arians - July 29, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals rookie John Brown continues to impress while ignoring the hype
- Justin Bethel, Cardinals cornerback - Tuesday July 29Justin Bethel discusses his role on special teams and how training camp has gone so far.
- Pete Prisco, Senior NFL Columnist - Tuesday July 29Senior NFL columnist for CBS Pete Prisco shares his thoughts on how the Cardinals stack against othe
- Stepfan Taylor, Cardinals running back - Tuesday July 29Cardinals running back Stepfan Taylor talks training camp and his expanded role on offense.
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Monday July 28Lorenzo Alexander gives his take on replacing Daryl Washington and praises former teammate London Fl
- Darren Urban, Arizona Cardinals reporter - Monday July 28Cardinals reporter Darren Urban discusses team improvements and which player he thinks will have a b