Arizona Cardinals release OT Levi Brown
The Arizona Cardinals have parted ways with Levi Brown.
A left tackle, Brown played in all 16 games last season, and while he had his fare share of struggles with the team, he did play well over the second half of the season.
Brown's release does not mean his time with the Cardinals has officially come to an end, as the team has maintained interest in bringing their former first round pick back.
However, Brown's cap hit was sitting at a hefty $17 million going into this season, a salary the team could not justify paying the career underachiever.
Brown was taken number five overall in the 2007 draft over players like Minnesota Viking running back Adrian Peterson and San Francisco 49er linebacker Patrick Willis. He has started 75 out of a possible 80 games in his NFL career.
- Arizona Cardinals' Deone Bucannon supplies the highlight of Tuesday's practice
- Arizona Cardinals RB Stepfan Taylor 'expecting more of a role' in 2014
- Arizona Cardinals training camp: Carson Chats - July 29, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals training camp: All-Access with Bruce Arians - July 29, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals rookie John Brown continues to impress while ignoring the hype
- Justin Bethel, Cardinals cornerback - Tuesday July 29Justin Bethel discusses his role on special teams and how training camp has gone so far.
- Pete Prisco, Senior NFL Columnist - Tuesday July 29Senior NFL columnist for CBS Pete Prisco shares his thoughts on how the Cardinals stack against othe
- Stepfan Taylor, Cardinals running back - Tuesday July 29Cardinals running back Stepfan Taylor talks training camp and his expanded role on offense.
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Monday July 28Lorenzo Alexander gives his take on replacing Daryl Washington and praises former teammate London Fl
- Darren Urban, Arizona Cardinals reporter - Monday July 28Cardinals reporter Darren Urban discusses team improvements and which player he thinks will have a b