Arizona Cardinals release OT Levi Brown
The Arizona Cardinals have parted ways with Levi Brown.
A left tackle, Brown played in all 16 games last season, and while he had his fare share of struggles with the team, he did play well over the second half of the season.
Brown's release does not mean his time with the Cardinals has officially come to an end, as the team has maintained interest in bringing their former first round pick back.
However, Brown's cap hit was sitting at a hefty $17 million going into this season, a salary the team could not justify paying the career underachiever.
Brown was taken number five overall in the 2007 draft over players like Minnesota Viking running back Adrian Peterson and San Francisco 49er linebacker Patrick Willis. He has started 75 out of a possible 80 games in his NFL career.
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br
- Earl Watford, Cardinals 4th Round Selection - Wednesday May 1Earl Watford talked to Doug & Wolf about his strengths and being drafted out of a small school.