Report: Manning met with Dolphins in Indy
ESPN's Chris Mortensen is reporting Manning and the Miami Dolphins brass met for approximately five to six hours in Indianapolis.
One source described it as a "good meeting" that focused on many of the same football topics that the quarterback discussed with the Denver Broncos and Arizona Cardinals during the weekend.
Dolphins offensive coordinator Mike Sherman, who recruited Manning as a Texas A&M assistant, also took part in the meeting with the former four-time MVP. Manning ultimately chose the University of Tennessee.
But another ESPN insider didn't hear such warm, fuzzy reports about Manning's meeting with the Dolphins.
"You get the feeling that it didn't go as well as the weekend meetings with the Broncos and the Cardinals," John Clayton said Tuesday.
Clayton also discounted Miami's chances to land the coveted free agent quarterback, based on their meeting.
"The meeting wasn't in Miami, it was in Indianapolis," Clayton said. "Secondly, Miami is in a division with Tom Brady at quarterback, so that might not be the most attractive thing.
"And it's not totally sold that Peyton is going to buy into the organizational structure that's in that's there for the Miami Dolphins as opposed to what he might like out of Denver, with John Elway, and Arizona, with Kurt Warner kind of being in the background giving his support to Ken Whisenhunt."
Manning's strong ties to Tennessee are apparent as the former Indianapolis Colt still plans to visit with the Titans on either Tuesday or Wednesday. Titans coach Mike Munchak will have a few offensive assistants take part in the meeting, as well. Munchak was also a former teammate of Manning's father, Archie, when the two played for the Houston Oilers in 1982-83.
Manning's travels have already been well-documented with the acclaimed quarterback making stops in Denver and Arizona over the weekend. The Broncos and Cardinals are believed to be the favorites in the Manning sweepstakes.
Arizona Sports' Vince Marotta contributed to this report
- Impromptu Power Poll: Tim Tebow - Monday June 10Doug & Wolf's top 5 reasons why the Patriots signed Tim Tebow.
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br