Updated Mar 14, 2012 - 9:54 am
Cardinals to host three off. linemen for visits
So, in what seems like an annual rite of spring, the team is bringing some linemen in for free agent visits, according to Darren Urban of AZCardinals.com
Cards will host three Off linemen for visits today: G Jake Scott (Ten), T Demetrius Bell (Buf) & G/T Adam Snyder (SF)) bit.ly/xnKhvG— Darren Urban (@Cardschatter) March 14, 2012
Scott, a guard who last played with the Tennesee Titans, would be competition for incumbent starter Rex Hadnot, while Bell and Snyder could be added to replace free agents Levi Brown and Brandon Keith.
Of the two, Bell may be the most intriguing prospect. He is just 27-years-old, and started 30 games over the last three seasons for the Buffalo Bills. ProFootballFocus.com ranks him as the second-best free agent tackle, saying:
Playing under a restricted free agent tag in 2011, Bell looked to be putting together the classic "contract season" performance until it was curtailed by injury. To his credit, Bell didn't slip into poor performances of the past in a three-game stint at the end of the season, but is 401 snaps of true quality enough for a team to invest in him long term? Bell was Jason Peters' replacement after he bolted for Philadelphia, but he was slow to repay the Bills' faith in him. He has taken large strides since his first season as a starter in 2009 drastically reducing his pressures allowed and penalties conceded through 2010 and 2011. Another big stride in 2012 would see Bell join the league's Top 10 left tackles. If multiple teams see that as a real possibility Bell's market value could rise when free agency opens.
Snyder, on the other hand, is a seven-year veteran who has started 69 career games, including 13 for the NFC West champion 49ers last season. Signing him would not only help the Cardinals improve, but also hurt a division rival.
- CBS Sports' Pete Prisco: Arizona Cardinals raving about how fast John Brown has picked things up
- Arizona Cardinals' Patrick Peterson on contract extension: 'I haven't had my reality check just yet'
- The Floyd Factor
- Patrick Peterson becomes highest paid CB, Richard Sherman has something to say (tweet)
- Arizona Cardinals teammates react to Patrick Peterson's contract extension
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.
- Pete Prisco- CBS NFL Analyst - Wednesday July 30Pete Prisco talks about the top cornerbacks in the NFL.
- Justin Bethel, Cardinals cornerback - Tuesday July 29Justin Bethel discusses his role on special teams and how training camp has gone so far.
- Pete Prisco, Senior NFL Columnist - Tuesday July 29Senior NFL columnist for CBS Pete Prisco shares his thoughts on how the Cardinals stack against othe
- Stepfan Taylor, Cardinals running back - Tuesday July 29Cardinals running back Stepfan Taylor talks training camp and his expanded role on offense.