Updated Mar 14, 2012 - 9:54 am
Cardinals to host three off. linemen for visits
So, in what seems like an annual rite of spring, the team is bringing some linemen in for free agent visits, according to Darren Urban of AZCardinals.com
Cards will host three Off linemen for visits today: G Jake Scott (Ten), T Demetrius Bell (Buf) & G/T Adam Snyder (SF)) bit.ly/xnKhvG— Darren Urban (@Cardschatter) March 14, 2012
Scott, a guard who last played with the Tennesee Titans, would be competition for incumbent starter Rex Hadnot, while Bell and Snyder could be added to replace free agents Levi Brown and Brandon Keith.
Of the two, Bell may be the most intriguing prospect. He is just 27-years-old, and started 30 games over the last three seasons for the Buffalo Bills. ProFootballFocus.com ranks him as the second-best free agent tackle, saying:
Playing under a restricted free agent tag in 2011, Bell looked to be putting together the classic "contract season" performance until it was curtailed by injury. To his credit, Bell didn't slip into poor performances of the past in a three-game stint at the end of the season, but is 401 snaps of true quality enough for a team to invest in him long term? Bell was Jason Peters' replacement after he bolted for Philadelphia, but he was slow to repay the Bills' faith in him. He has taken large strides since his first season as a starter in 2009 drastically reducing his pressures allowed and penalties conceded through 2010 and 2011. Another big stride in 2012 would see Bell join the league's Top 10 left tackles. If multiple teams see that as a real possibility Bell's market value could rise when free agency opens.
Snyder, on the other hand, is a seven-year veteran who has started 69 career games, including 13 for the NFC West champion 49ers last season. Signing him would not only help the Cardinals improve, but also hurt a division rival.
- Arizona Cardinals president Michael Bidwill on schedule: NFL 'gave us a lot of respect'
- Arizona Cardinals' 2014 schedule released
- Arizona Cardinals to host Big Red Rib & Music Festival
- Arizona Cardinals' Daryl Washington now has a two-strike count on him
- NFL Draft '14: A closer look at Alabama QB A.J. McCarron
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals president - Thursday April 24What goes into the Cardinalsí draft preparation?
- Mark Schlereth, ESPN NFL analyst - Tuesday April 22ESPN NFL analyst Mark Schlereth talks about the NFL Draft.
- Terry McDonough, Cardinals VP of player personnel - Tuesday April 22Who will the Cardinals draft with their first-round pick?
- Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals wide receiver - Tuesday April 22How are the Cardinals getting better in the offseason?
- Derek Carr- Fresno State quarterback - Monday April 21Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr talks about the NFL Draft.