Updated Mar 14, 2012 - 9:54 am
Cardinals to host three off. linemen for visits
So, in what seems like an annual rite of spring, the team is bringing some linemen in for free agent visits, according to Darren Urban of AZCardinals.com
Cards will host three Off linemen for visits today: G Jake Scott (Ten), T Demetrius Bell (Buf) & G/T Adam Snyder (SF)) bit.ly/xnKhvG— Darren Urban (@Cardschatter) March 14, 2012
Scott, a guard who last played with the Tennesee Titans, would be competition for incumbent starter Rex Hadnot, while Bell and Snyder could be added to replace free agents Levi Brown and Brandon Keith.
Of the two, Bell may be the most intriguing prospect. He is just 27-years-old, and started 30 games over the last three seasons for the Buffalo Bills. ProFootballFocus.com ranks him as the second-best free agent tackle, saying:
Playing under a restricted free agent tag in 2011, Bell looked to be putting together the classic "contract season" performance until it was curtailed by injury. To his credit, Bell didn't slip into poor performances of the past in a three-game stint at the end of the season, but is 401 snaps of true quality enough for a team to invest in him long term? Bell was Jason Peters' replacement after he bolted for Philadelphia, but he was slow to repay the Bills' faith in him. He has taken large strides since his first season as a starter in 2009 drastically reducing his pressures allowed and penalties conceded through 2010 and 2011. Another big stride in 2012 would see Bell join the league's Top 10 left tackles. If multiple teams see that as a real possibility Bell's market value could rise when free agency opens.
Snyder, on the other hand, is a seven-year veteran who has started 69 career games, including 13 for the NFC West champion 49ers last season. Signing him would not only help the Cardinals improve, but also hurt a division rival.
- With Jared Veldheer signing, Steve Keim has done it again
- Numbers say Jared Veldheer is a big pickup for the Arizona Cardinals
- Team broadcaster 'mystified' that Raiders let Jared Veldheer go to Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals benefit from the Carson Palmer effect
- It's official: Arizona Cardinals re-sign trio of players, release Daryn Colledge
- Tom Flores, Oakland Raiders radio color commentator - Tuesday March 11Tom Flores discusses Cardinals signing of left tackle Jared Veldheer.
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday March 11Is Jim Harbaugh still welcome in San Francisco?
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Monday March 10Kent Somers talks all things Cardinals free agency.
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.