Cardinals to host three off. linemen for visits
So, in what seems like an annual rite of spring, the team is bringing some linemen in for free agent visits, according to Darren Urban of AZCardinals.com
Cards will host three Off linemen for visits today: G Jake Scott (Ten), T Demetrius Bell (Buf) & G/T Adam Snyder (SF)) bit.ly/xnKhvG— Darren Urban (@Cardschatter) March 14, 2012
Scott, a guard who last played with the Tennesee Titans, would be competition for incumbent starter Rex Hadnot, while Bell and Snyder could be added to replace free agents Levi Brown and Brandon Keith.
Of the two, Bell may be the most intriguing prospect. He is just 27-years-old, and started 30 games over the last three seasons for the Buffalo Bills. ProFootballFocus.com ranks him as the second-best free agent tackle, saying:
Playing under a restricted free agent tag in 2011, Bell looked to be putting together the classic "contract season" performance until it was curtailed by injury. To his credit, Bell didn't slip into poor performances of the past in a three-game stint at the end of the season, but is 401 snaps of true quality enough for a team to invest in him long term? Bell was Jason Peters' replacement after he bolted for Philadelphia, but he was slow to repay the Bills' faith in him. He has taken large strides since his first season as a starter in 2009 drastically reducing his pressures allowed and penalties conceded through 2010 and 2011. Another big stride in 2012 would see Bell join the league's Top 10 left tackles. If multiple teams see that as a real possibility Bell's market value could rise when free agency opens.
Snyder, on the other hand, is a seven-year veteran who has started 69 career games, including 13 for the NFC West champion 49ers last season. Signing him would not only help the Cardinals improve, but also hurt a division rival.
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br
- Earl Watford, Cardinals 4th Round Selection - Wednesday May 1Earl Watford talked to Doug & Wolf about his strengths and being drafted out of a small school.