Updated Mar 14, 2012 - 10:40 am
Schefter: Cardinals in 'second category'
Since then, Manning has embarked on a whirlwind tour of visits that's taken him from Miami to Denver to Phoenix to Indianapolis to Raleigh-Durham, where he's set to meet with the Tennessee Titans.
And in that week, the group of the likeliest cities for Manning to call home has changed a little bit, at least according to ESPN's Adam Schefter.
Seven days later, Schefter still has four teams as "finalists", but the suspects have changed. Schefter now favors Denver and Tennessee, with Miami and Arizona still in consideration, at least in his eyes.
"I think that the Dolphins and the Cardinals are in the second category and I think the Broncos and the Titans are in the first category," Schefter said Wednesday on Mike and Mike on ESPN Radio.
Tennessee's status as a favorite comes as somewhat of a surprise as they got into the process later than the other three teams Manning is reportedly considering. But Schefter believes the Titans have a lot going for them in this recruitment.
"[Manning's] familiar with the area. He loves the area, he'd be in the AFC, he would get to play the Colts twice a year, they have a great offensive line," Schefter said on Sportscenter Wednesday. "There's a lot that Tennessee offers and (owner) Bud Adams will do anything it takes to get this deal done."
For the latest on Manning Watch 2012, check back with ArizonaSports.com, and listen to Burns & Gambo (11:00 am to 2:00 p.m) and Doug & Wolf (2:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.) on Arizona Sports 620 .
- Cardinals running back Rashard Mendenhall calls it quits in Huffington Post article
- NFL writer: Cardinals could turn attention to Jared Veldheer if Branden Albert heads to Dolphins
- PFT: All signs point to free agent tackle Albert signing with Dolphins
- Agent confirms Cardinals running back Rashard Mendenhall to retire
- Daryn Colledge tweets of his release from Cardinals
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 3Get off Paul's Lawn!