Updated Mar 14, 2012 - 10:40 am
Schefter: Cardinals in 'second category'
Since then, Manning has embarked on a whirlwind tour of visits that's taken him from Miami to Denver to Phoenix to Indianapolis to Raleigh-Durham, where he's set to meet with the Tennessee Titans.
And in that week, the group of the likeliest cities for Manning to call home has changed a little bit, at least according to ESPN's Adam Schefter.
Seven days later, Schefter still has four teams as "finalists", but the suspects have changed. Schefter now favors Denver and Tennessee, with Miami and Arizona still in consideration, at least in his eyes.
"I think that the Dolphins and the Cardinals are in the second category and I think the Broncos and the Titans are in the first category," Schefter said Wednesday on Mike and Mike on ESPN Radio.
Tennessee's status as a favorite comes as somewhat of a surprise as they got into the process later than the other three teams Manning is reportedly considering. But Schefter believes the Titans have a lot going for them in this recruitment.
"[Manning's] familiar with the area. He loves the area, he'd be in the AFC, he would get to play the Colts twice a year, they have a great offensive line," Schefter said on Sportscenter Wednesday. "There's a lot that Tennessee offers and (owner) Bud Adams will do anything it takes to get this deal done."
For the latest on Manning Watch 2012, check back with ArizonaSports.com, and listen to Burns & Gambo (11:00 am to 2:00 p.m) and Doug & Wolf (2:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.) on Arizona Sports 620 .
- Mark Schlereth, ESPN NFL analyst - Tuesday April 22ESPN NFL analyst Mark Schlereth talks about the NFL Draft.
- Terry McDonough, Cardinals VP of player personnel - Tuesday April 22Who will the Cardinals draft with their first-round pick?
- Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals wide receiver - Tuesday April 22How are the Cardinals getting better in the offseason?
- Derek Carr- Fresno State quarterback - Monday April 21Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr talks about the NFL Draft.
- Steve Keim, Cardinals GM - Friday April 18Will the Cardinals draft a quarterback?