Schefter: Cardinals in 'second category'
Since then, Manning has embarked on a whirlwind tour of visits that's taken him from Miami to Denver to Phoenix to Indianapolis to Raleigh-Durham, where he's set to meet with the Tennessee Titans.
And in that week, the group of the likeliest cities for Manning to call home has changed a little bit, at least according to ESPN's Adam Schefter.
Seven days later, Schefter still has four teams as "finalists", but the suspects have changed. Schefter now favors Denver and Tennessee, with Miami and Arizona still in consideration, at least in his eyes.
"I think that the Dolphins and the Cardinals are in the second category and I think the Broncos and the Titans are in the first category," Schefter said Wednesday on Mike and Mike on ESPN Radio.
Tennessee's status as a favorite comes as somewhat of a surprise as they got into the process later than the other three teams Manning is reportedly considering. But Schefter believes the Titans have a lot going for them in this recruitment.
"[Manning's] familiar with the area. He loves the area, he'd be in the AFC, he would get to play the Colts twice a year, they have a great offensive line," Schefter said on Sportscenter Wednesday. "There's a lot that Tennessee offers and (owner) Bud Adams will do anything it takes to get this deal done."
For the latest on Manning Watch 2012, check back with ArizonaSports.com, and listen to Burns & Gambo (11:00 am to 2:00 p.m) and Doug & Wolf (2:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.) on Arizona Sports 620 .
- Impromptu Power Poll: Tim Tebow - Monday June 10Doug & Wolf's top 5 reasons why the Patriots signed Tim Tebow.
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br