Updated Mar 19, 2012 - 1:28 pm
Warner 'a little surprised' Cardinals brought Levi Brown back
After all, the former No. 5 pick in the 2007 draft has been a disappointment in the NFL, always known as the guy Arizona chose instead of Adrian Peterson.
However, the team re-signed the tackle just a few days later, with many of those same fans asking one, simple question.
Former Cardinal, now NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner, who played with Brown, wondered the same thing.
"I was a little surprised," Warner told Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo.
Warner, who played with Brown from 2007-2010, said it may be a case where a coaching staff is comfortable with a player and still has hope he can improve.
"The one thing that you notice is that as guys continue to grow and as guys watch them as coaches, they may see some things that are improvement," he said. "From what I heard, they were really happy with the way he played the second half of last year."
That seems to fit with what others have thought, that Brown really stepped up his play in the team's final eight games.
Plus, Warner added, the Cardinals could have determined they were not going to find anyone better than Brown, so it just made sense to keep him.
"A guy that you're familiar with, a guy that's been in your system, a guy that you think is improving," he said.
- Steve Tasker, NFL Analyst - Wednesday December 11Tasker discusses Carson Palmer, Tyrann Mathieu and what's going on with the Redskins.
- John Abraham, AZ Cardinals - Monday December 9Abraham discusses his outstanding game, his record career and how long he plans to play.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Monday December 9The Cardinals get a huge division win, but lose a huge piece to their defense.
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 6Ron Wolfley grinds film all week and shares his findings in the Cardinals-Rams match-up