Updated Mar 19, 2012 - 1:28 pm
Warner 'a little surprised' Cardinals brought Levi Brown back
After all, the former No. 5 pick in the 2007 draft has been a disappointment in the NFL, always known as the guy Arizona chose instead of Adrian Peterson.
However, the team re-signed the tackle just a few days later, with many of those same fans asking one, simple question.
Former Cardinal, now NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner, who played with Brown, wondered the same thing.
"I was a little surprised," Warner told Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo.
Warner, who played with Brown from 2007-2010, said it may be a case where a coaching staff is comfortable with a player and still has hope he can improve.
"The one thing that you notice is that as guys continue to grow and as guys watch them as coaches, they may see some things that are improvement," he said. "From what I heard, they were really happy with the way he played the second half of last year."
That seems to fit with what others have thought, that Brown really stepped up his play in the team's final eight games.
Plus, Warner added, the Cardinals could have determined they were not going to find anyone better than Brown, so it just made sense to keep him.
"A guy that you're familiar with, a guy that's been in your system, a guy that you think is improving," he said.
- The 5: Top storylines heading into Arizona Cardinals training camp
- Arizona Cardinals' Patrick Peterson and Michael Floyd rank high on ESPN's list of top under-25 players
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals loaded with under-25 talent
- Arizona Cardinals place Tyrann Mathieu and Alameda Ta'amu on PUP list
- Cardinals receive 'B' offseason grade from USA Today
- Bickley Blast - Thursday July 24What will the future hold for the Cardinals and Larry Fitzgerald?
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday July 22ESPN NFL insider Mike Sando gives updates from around the NFC West as teams head into training camp.
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.