Updated Mar 19, 2012 - 1:28 pm
Warner 'a little surprised' Cardinals brought Levi Brown back
After all, the former No. 5 pick in the 2007 draft has been a disappointment in the NFL, always known as the guy Arizona chose instead of Adrian Peterson.
However, the team re-signed the tackle just a few days later, with many of those same fans asking one, simple question.
Former Cardinal, now NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner, who played with Brown, wondered the same thing.
"I was a little surprised," Warner told Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo.
Warner, who played with Brown from 2007-2010, said it may be a case where a coaching staff is comfortable with a player and still has hope he can improve.
"The one thing that you notice is that as guys continue to grow and as guys watch them as coaches, they may see some things that are improvement," he said. "From what I heard, they were really happy with the way he played the second half of last year."
That seems to fit with what others have thought, that Brown really stepped up his play in the team's final eight games.
Plus, Warner added, the Cardinals could have determined they were not going to find anyone better than Brown, so it just made sense to keep him.
"A guy that you're familiar with, a guy that's been in your system, a guy that you think is improving," he said.
- Forbes: Larry Fitzgerald among most overpaid players in NFL
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 20, 2014
- Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander defends Daniel Snyder but thinks Redskins should change name
- New Arizona Cardinals defensive lineman Isaac Sopoaga thrown right into the mix
- Arizona Cardinals' Tyrann Mathieu practices for the first time this season
- Lyle Sendlein, Cardinals center - Wednesday August 20Lyle Sendlein talks about coming back from his injury and the loss of Darnell Dockett.
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Wednesday August 20Lorenzo Alexander discusses having to step up to fill the voids left by injuries and free agents lea
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday August 20The NFL has a new problem on their hands, and it has to do with the Redskins.
- Larry Fitzgerald, AZ Cardinals WR - Wednesday August 20Doug & Wolf ask Fitz about the Cardinals offense and about his future in Arizona.