Updated Mar 19, 2012 - 1:28 pm
Warner 'a little surprised' Cardinals brought Levi Brown back
After all, the former No. 5 pick in the 2007 draft has been a disappointment in the NFL, always known as the guy Arizona chose instead of Adrian Peterson.
However, the team re-signed the tackle just a few days later, with many of those same fans asking one, simple question.
Former Cardinal, now NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner, who played with Brown, wondered the same thing.
"I was a little surprised," Warner told Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo.
Warner, who played with Brown from 2007-2010, said it may be a case where a coaching staff is comfortable with a player and still has hope he can improve.
"The one thing that you notice is that as guys continue to grow and as guys watch them as coaches, they may see some things that are improvement," he said. "From what I heard, they were really happy with the way he played the second half of last year."
That seems to fit with what others have thought, that Brown really stepped up his play in the team's final eight games.
Plus, Warner added, the Cardinals could have determined they were not going to find anyone better than Brown, so it just made sense to keep him.
"A guy that you're familiar with, a guy that's been in your system, a guy that you think is improving," he said.
- Mark Schlereth, ESPN NFL analyst - Tuesday April 22ESPN NFL analyst Mark Schlereth talks about the NFL Draft.
- Terry McDonough, Cardinals VP of player personnel - Tuesday April 22Who will the Cardinals draft with their first-round pick?
- Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals wide receiver - Tuesday April 22How are the Cardinals getting better in the offseason?
- Derek Carr- Fresno State quarterback - Monday April 21Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr talks about the NFL Draft.
- Steve Keim, Cardinals GM - Friday April 18Will the Cardinals draft a quarterback?