Warner 'a little surprised' Cardinals brought Levi Brown back
After all, the former No. 5 pick in the 2007 draft has been a disappointment in the NFL, always known as the guy Arizona chose instead of Adrian Peterson.
However, the team re-signed the tackle just a few days later, with many of those same fans asking one, simple question.
Former Cardinal, now NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner, who played with Brown, wondered the same thing.
"I was a little surprised," Warner told Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo.
Warner, who played with Brown from 2007-2010, said it may be a case where a coaching staff is comfortable with a player and still has hope he can improve.
"The one thing that you notice is that as guys continue to grow and as guys watch them as coaches, they may see some things that are improvement," he said. "From what I heard, they were really happy with the way he played the second half of last year."
That seems to fit with what others have thought, that Brown really stepped up his play in the team's final eight games.
Plus, Warner added, the Cardinals could have determined they were not going to find anyone better than Brown, so it just made sense to keep him.
"A guy that you're familiar with, a guy that's been in your system, a guy that you think is improving," he said.
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br
- Earl Watford, Cardinals 4th Round Selection - Wednesday May 1Earl Watford talked to Doug & Wolf about his strengths and being drafted out of a small school.