Updated Mar 23, 2012 - 2:41 pm
Cardinals RB Ryan Williams working his way back
A surprising choice in the second round of the NFL Draft, Williams saw his 2011 campaign come to an end in the team's second preseason game, as he ruptured the patellar tendon in his right knee, an injury that caused him to miss the entire season.
Now, with months to go before training camp, Williams tweeted about his progress as he works to return to the field.
Sooooo my trainer said I'm between 75-80% ....so u knw by da season ima b 134% ...u already— Ru 'Ryan' Williams (@lilsweetness34) March 23, 2012
A healthy Williams will only help the Cardinals, because while incumbent starter Beanie Wells had a career year with 1,047 yards rushing last season, injuries took their toll on his production. Having a player of Williams' caliber backing him up and splitting carries would give Arizona a dynamic 1-2 punch at running back.
And, as you can see, Williams can't wait to get back onto the field and truly begin his NFL career.
- NFL writer: Cardinals wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald 'bound to improve' in 2014
- GM Steve Keim updates Arizona Cardinals' draft progress
- NFL Draft '14: Is it time for the Arizona Cardinals to draft a QB?
- Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald to be honored for off-the-field work
- 2014 Arizona Cardinals draft stock tracker
- Steve Keim, Cardinals GM - Friday April 18Will the Cardinals draft a quarterback?
- John McClain, NFL insider - Thursday April 17Who will the Texans draft?
- Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com writer - Tuesday April 15NFL.com writer Daniel Jeremiah talks about the NFL draft.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Tuesday April 15Which quarterback will be taken first in the NFL Draft?
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals' president - Wednesday April 9Cardinals president Michael Bidwill discuses the getting the 2015 NFL Pro Bowl.