Updated Mar 23, 2012 - 2:41 pm
Cardinals RB Ryan Williams working his way back
A surprising choice in the second round of the NFL Draft, Williams saw his 2011 campaign come to an end in the team's second preseason game, as he ruptured the patellar tendon in his right knee, an injury that caused him to miss the entire season.
Now, with months to go before training camp, Williams tweeted about his progress as he works to return to the field.
Sooooo my trainer said I'm between 75-80% ....so u knw by da season ima b 134% ...u already— Ru 'Ryan' Williams (@lilsweetness34) March 23, 2012
A healthy Williams will only help the Cardinals, because while incumbent starter Beanie Wells had a career year with 1,047 yards rushing last season, injuries took their toll on his production. Having a player of Williams' caliber backing him up and splitting carries would give Arizona a dynamic 1-2 punch at running back.
And, as you can see, Williams can't wait to get back onto the field and truly begin his NFL career.
- Cardinals' Dockett: Peterson will 'definitely be a future Hall of Famer'
- Former Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner thankful for patience of fans, organization
- Notes from the Nest: July 30, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals to host Fan Fest this weekend
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Extra points experiment will be fun, may add excitement
- Paul Fanaika, Arizona Cardinals offensive guard - Wednesday July 30The Arizona Cardinals’ offensive guard Paul Fanaika joins the show to discuss training camp.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Wednesday July 30NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner discusses Arizona Cardinals' training camp.
- Patrick Peterson, Arizona Cardinals cornerback - Wednesday July 30Arizona Cardinals' defensive cornerback Patrick Peterson discusses his new contract extension.
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.
- Pete Prisco- CBS NFL Analyst - Wednesday July 30Pete Prisco talks about the top cornerbacks in the NFL.