Updated Mar 23, 2012 - 2:41 pm
Cardinals RB Ryan Williams working his way back
A surprising choice in the second round of the NFL Draft, Williams saw his 2011 campaign come to an end in the team's second preseason game, as he ruptured the patellar tendon in his right knee, an injury that caused him to miss the entire season.
Now, with months to go before training camp, Williams tweeted about his progress as he works to return to the field.
Sooooo my trainer said I'm between 75-80% ....so u knw by da season ima b 134% ...u already— Ru 'Ryan' Williams (@lilsweetness34) March 23, 2012
A healthy Williams will only help the Cardinals, because while incumbent starter Beanie Wells had a career year with 1,047 yards rushing last season, injuries took their toll on his production. Having a player of Williams' caliber backing him up and splitting carries would give Arizona a dynamic 1-2 punch at running back.
And, as you can see, Williams can't wait to get back onto the field and truly begin his NFL career.
- Arizona Cardinals to host Big Red Rib & Music Festival
- Arizona Cardinals' Daryl Washington now has a two-strike count on him
- NFL Draft '14: A closer look at Alabama QB A.J. McCarron
- Arizona Cardinals LB Daryl Washington sentenced to probation
- Cardinals wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald excited about team's offensive additions
- Mark Schlereth, ESPN NFL analyst - Tuesday April 22ESPN NFL analyst Mark Schlereth talks about the NFL Draft.
- Terry McDonough, Cardinals VP of player personnel - Tuesday April 22Who will the Cardinals draft with their first-round pick?
- Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals wide receiver - Tuesday April 22How are the Cardinals getting better in the offseason?
- Derek Carr- Fresno State quarterback - Monday April 21Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr talks about the NFL Draft.
- Steve Keim, Cardinals GM - Friday April 18Will the Cardinals draft a quarterback?