Updated Mar 23, 2012 - 2:41 pm
Cardinals RB Ryan Williams working his way back
A surprising choice in the second round of the NFL Draft, Williams saw his 2011 campaign come to an end in the team's second preseason game, as he ruptured the patellar tendon in his right knee, an injury that caused him to miss the entire season.
Now, with months to go before training camp, Williams tweeted about his progress as he works to return to the field.
Sooooo my trainer said I'm between 75-80% ....so u knw by da season ima b 134% ...u already— Ru 'Ryan' Williams (@lilsweetness34) March 23, 2012
A healthy Williams will only help the Cardinals, because while incumbent starter Beanie Wells had a career year with 1,047 yards rushing last season, injuries took their toll on his production. Having a player of Williams' caliber backing him up and splitting carries would give Arizona a dynamic 1-2 punch at running back.
And, as you can see, Williams can't wait to get back onto the field and truly begin his NFL career.
- Rashard Mendenhall to retire, teams told
- Daryn Colledge tweets of his release from Cardinals
- Fox Sports NFL insider: 'Player's coach' Arians makes Arizona Cardinals a prime destination
- ESPN writer: John Carlson signing risky for Cardinals, but worth the reward
- Darnell Dockett tweets that Branden Albert is 'new teammate'
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 3Get off Paul's Lawn!