Updated Mar 23, 2012 - 2:41 pm
Cardinals RB Ryan Williams working his way back
A surprising choice in the second round of the NFL Draft, Williams saw his 2011 campaign come to an end in the team's second preseason game, as he ruptured the patellar tendon in his right knee, an injury that caused him to miss the entire season.
Now, with months to go before training camp, Williams tweeted about his progress as he works to return to the field.
Sooooo my trainer said I'm between 75-80% ....so u knw by da season ima b 134% ...u already— Ru 'Ryan' Williams (@lilsweetness34) March 23, 2012
A healthy Williams will only help the Cardinals, because while incumbent starter Beanie Wells had a career year with 1,047 yards rushing last season, injuries took their toll on his production. Having a player of Williams' caliber backing him up and splitting carries would give Arizona a dynamic 1-2 punch at running back.
And, as you can see, Williams can't wait to get back onto the field and truly begin his NFL career.
- Arizona Cardinals linebacker John Abraham's three-sack day puts him in historic company
- Larry Fitzgerald's big day leads Arizona Cardinals to win over St. Louis Rams
- Karlos Dansby continues happy homecoming with Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals' quarterback Carson Palmer shines in win over St. Louis Rams
- Arizona Cardinals fear Tyrann Mathieu suffered ACL injury in win over Rams
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 6Ron Wolfley grinds film all week and shares his findings in the Cardinals-Rams match-up
- John Clayton, ESPN NFL Insider - Friday December 6The Professor provides insight into this week's NFL headlines
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 5A recap of the Cardinals game in Philly and what to expect against the Rams.
- Craig Wolfley, Steelers Sideline Analyst - Thursday December 5Will Ben Roethlisberger leave the Steelers?