Updated Mar 23, 2012 - 2:24 pm
Cardinals 21st in ESPN's pre-draft Power Rankings
ESPN released its "pre-draft Power rankings," with the Cardinals listed as the 2nd-best NFC West team, but 21st-best in the NFL.
Why so low? Well, ESPN NFC West blogger Mike Sando's Cardinals note in the rankings could give a clue.
Cardinals still hoping to win their bet on Kevin Kolb, but John Skelton will compete for the starting job.
Indeed, while the Cardinals used a 7-2 run to finish the 2011 season 8-8, until the QB position is settled it will be tough for anyone to pick them any higher than where ESPN has them.
But, if one of Kolb or Skelton proves to be "the answer" this season, chances are good Arizona's ranking will climb a considerable amount before the year is over.
- Rashard Mendenhall to retire, teams told
- Daryn Colledge tweets of his release from Cardinals
- Fox Sports NFL insider: 'Player's coach' Arians makes Arizona Cardinals a prime destination
- ESPN writer: John Carlson signing risky for Cardinals, but worth the reward
- Darnell Dockett tweets that Branden Albert is 'new teammate'
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 3Get off Paul's Lawn!