Updated Mar 26, 2012 - 12:03 pm
Steelers corner tweets he's joining Cardinals
William Gay, who visited the Cardinals last week, announced Sunday that the two sides have agreed to a cntract on his twitter page.
The Cardinals confirmed the signing, announcing the contract is for two years.
The signing of Gay comes at a good time for the Cardinals, as they've missed out on other defensive back targets while having lost Richard Marshall to the Dolphins early in free agency.
Gay, 27, has tallied three interceptions over the course of his five-year career, but picked off two passes in 2011, and is a willing tackler, having picked up 247 (205 solo) in his career.
Gay also fits the mold of what the Cardinals tend to look for in a free agent, as he is a player who has not yet reached his full potential as well as a former Steeler.
It's worth noting that Gay was with the Steelers at the same time current Cardinals defensive coordinator Ray Horton was the defensive backs coach, so if anyone knows what the 5-foot-10, 190 pound player is like it's the man who will be lining him up on defense.
- The 5: Top storylines heading into Arizona Cardinals training camp
- Arizona Cardinals' Patrick Peterson and Michael Floyd rank high on ESPN's list of top under-25 players
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals loaded with under-25 talent
- Arizona Cardinals place Tyrann Mathieu and Alameda Ta'amu on PUP list
- Cardinals receive 'B' offseason grade from USA Today
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday July 22ESPN NFL insider Mike Sando gives updates from around the NFC West as teams head into training camp.
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Friday June 20Keim discusses his players progress so far and his anticipation of future signings.