Updated Mar 26, 2012 - 12:03 pm
Steelers corner tweets he's joining Cardinals
William Gay, who visited the Cardinals last week, announced Sunday that the two sides have agreed to a cntract on his twitter page.
The Cardinals confirmed the signing, announcing the contract is for two years.
The signing of Gay comes at a good time for the Cardinals, as they've missed out on other defensive back targets while having lost Richard Marshall to the Dolphins early in free agency.
Gay, 27, has tallied three interceptions over the course of his five-year career, but picked off two passes in 2011, and is a willing tackler, having picked up 247 (205 solo) in his career.
Gay also fits the mold of what the Cardinals tend to look for in a free agent, as he is a player who has not yet reached his full potential as well as a former Steeler.
It's worth noting that Gay was with the Steelers at the same time current Cardinals defensive coordinator Ray Horton was the defensive backs coach, so if anyone knows what the 5-foot-10, 190 pound player is like it's the man who will be lining him up on defense.
- Arizona Cardinals sign DT Tommy Kelly
- Report: Arizona Cardinals bring James Harrison in for a visit
- Arizona Cardinals RB Zach Bauman excited for 'opportunity to show what I can do' Thursday vs. Chargers
- Confident Chandler Catanzaro looks to prove himself as Arizona Cardinals kicker
- Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Michael Floyd named to Sports Illustrated's All-Breakout Team
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL Insider - Tuesday August 26Mike Sando takes us inside the NFL headlines.
- Who impressed/Who depressed - Monday August 25Vince praises Arizona's newest football dynasty.
- Bruce Arians- Cardinals head coach - Monday August 25Bruce Arians says Jay Feely was let go early on so he can catch on with another team.