Steelers corner tweets he's joining Cardinals
William Gay, who visited the Cardinals last week, announced Sunday that the two sides have agreed to a cntract on his twitter page.
The Cardinals confirmed the signing, announcing the contract is for two years.
The signing of Gay comes at a good time for the Cardinals, as they've missed out on other defensive back targets while having lost Richard Marshall to the Dolphins early in free agency.
Gay, 27, has tallied three interceptions over the course of his five-year career, but picked off two passes in 2011, and is a willing tackler, having picked up 247 (205 solo) in his career.
Gay also fits the mold of what the Cardinals tend to look for in a free agent, as he is a player who has not yet reached his full potential as well as a former Steeler.
It's worth noting that Gay was with the Steelers at the same time current Cardinals defensive coordinator Ray Horton was the defensive backs coach, so if anyone knows what the 5-foot-10, 190 pound player is like it's the man who will be lining him up on defense.
- Impromptu Power Poll: Tim Tebow - Monday June 10Doug & Wolf's top 5 reasons why the Patriots signed Tim Tebow.
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br