Updated Mar 26, 2012 - 12:03 pm
Steelers corner tweets he's joining Cardinals
William Gay, who visited the Cardinals last week, announced Sunday that the two sides have agreed to a cntract on his twitter page.
The Cardinals confirmed the signing, announcing the contract is for two years.
The signing of Gay comes at a good time for the Cardinals, as they've missed out on other defensive back targets while having lost Richard Marshall to the Dolphins early in free agency.
Gay, 27, has tallied three interceptions over the course of his five-year career, but picked off two passes in 2011, and is a willing tackler, having picked up 247 (205 solo) in his career.
Gay also fits the mold of what the Cardinals tend to look for in a free agent, as he is a player who has not yet reached his full potential as well as a former Steeler.
It's worth noting that Gay was with the Steelers at the same time current Cardinals defensive coordinator Ray Horton was the defensive backs coach, so if anyone knows what the 5-foot-10, 190 pound player is like it's the man who will be lining him up on defense.
- Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com writer - Tuesday April 15NFL.com writer Daniel Jeremiah talks about the NFL draft.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Tuesday April 15Which quarterback will be taken first in the NFL Draft?
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals' president - Wednesday April 9Cardinals president Michael Bidwill discuses the getting the 2015 NFL Pro Bowl.
- Roger Kingdom, Arizona Cardinals' Speed Coach - Monday April 7Roger Kingdom talks about translating muscle gained to the field without slowing the players down.
- Itís Paulís Call with Paul Calvisi! - Friday April 4The rat pack is on the loose!