Updated Mar 26, 2012 - 12:03 pm
Steelers corner tweets he's joining Cardinals
William Gay, who visited the Cardinals last week, announced Sunday that the two sides have agreed to a cntract on his twitter page.
The Cardinals confirmed the signing, announcing the contract is for two years.
The signing of Gay comes at a good time for the Cardinals, as they've missed out on other defensive back targets while having lost Richard Marshall to the Dolphins early in free agency.
Gay, 27, has tallied three interceptions over the course of his five-year career, but picked off two passes in 2011, and is a willing tackler, having picked up 247 (205 solo) in his career.
Gay also fits the mold of what the Cardinals tend to look for in a free agent, as he is a player who has not yet reached his full potential as well as a former Steeler.
It's worth noting that Gay was with the Steelers at the same time current Cardinals defensive coordinator Ray Horton was the defensive backs coach, so if anyone knows what the 5-foot-10, 190 pound player is like it's the man who will be lining him up on defense.
- Arizona Cardinals LB Daryl Washington sentenced to probation
- Cardinals wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald excited about team's offensive additions
- Larry Fitzgerald celebrity softball game this Saturday
- Pat Tillman's death remembered 10 years later
- Arizona Cardinals' Terry McDonough: Emotion not a good tool for evaluating draft talent
- Mark Schlereth, ESPN NFL analyst - Tuesday April 22ESPN NFL analyst Mark Schlereth talks about the NFL Draft.
- Terry McDonough, Cardinals VP of player personnel - Tuesday April 22Who will the Cardinals draft with their first-round pick?
- Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals wide receiver - Tuesday April 22How are the Cardinals getting better in the offseason?
- Derek Carr- Fresno State quarterback - Monday April 21Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr talks about the NFL Draft.
- Steve Keim, Cardinals GM - Friday April 18Will the Cardinals draft a quarterback?