Updated Apr 16, 2012 - 4:53 pm
Concussion symptoms plagued Kolb into offseason
Sure, he got a chance to be a starter and received a healthy new contract upon being acquired via trade by the Cardinals, but things on the field didn't go exactly according to plan.
Kolb, who had missed four games with a turf toe injury, saw his season come to a premature end in Week 14 when he suffered a concussion after getting a knee to the head from San Francisco's Ahmad Brooks.
Though he was around the team for the final three games of the year, Kolb was still plagued by symptoms well into the offseason.
"Probably three weeks after the season was over," Kolb responded when asked about how long it took for the effects of the concussion to disappear. "To be honest with you, when I first went home it was still pretty severe.
"It kind of worried me because I figured once I got away from the game it would clear up pretty fast, but it didn't and I stayed in contact with our guys here and within three or four days after that three-week period, it was fine."
Kolb was fully healthy as the team gathered at their Tempe training facility, and is looking forward to building team-wide chemistry with teammates during the spring, an opportunity he wasn't afforded last season due to the NFL labor dispute.
"We've got a lot of new guys, I think there's 22 guys that have been through this offseason before, so with a hundred people in here, we have a lot of relationships to build," he said. "We had a good turnout (Monday), and it looks like a good group, so we'll be rolling."
Arizona Sports' Adam Green contributed to this report
- Arizona Cardinals linebacker Larry Foote says defense is good enough to overcome Darnell Dockett injury
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 22, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals' DE Calais Campbell: Dockett injury 'sucks,' others need to step up
- A game-time decision, Jonathan Cooper going through learning experience with Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals RB Andre Ellington bulks up in anticipation of harder hits this season
- Peter King, SI.com senior NFL writer - Friday August 22Peter King thinks Carson Palmer could have a big year for the Cardinals.
- Michael Floyd, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 22Michael Floyd says he thinks he can be the best wide receiver in the NFL.
- Jared Veldheer, Cardinals tackle - Friday August 22Jared Veldheer talks about his road from a Division II college to the NFL.
- Bob McManaman- Arizona Republic senior sportswriter - Friday August 22Bob McManaman believes that Jay Feely is in danger of getting cut from the Cardinals.
- Andre Ellington- Cardinals running back - Friday August 22Andre Ellington looks forward to a break out year with the Arizona Cardinals.