Updated Apr 16, 2012 - 4:53 pm
Concussion symptoms plagued Kolb into offseason
Sure, he got a chance to be a starter and received a healthy new contract upon being acquired via trade by the Cardinals, but things on the field didn't go exactly according to plan.
Kolb, who had missed four games with a turf toe injury, saw his season come to a premature end in Week 14 when he suffered a concussion after getting a knee to the head from San Francisco's Ahmad Brooks.
Though he was around the team for the final three games of the year, Kolb was still plagued by symptoms well into the offseason.
"Probably three weeks after the season was over," Kolb responded when asked about how long it took for the effects of the concussion to disappear. "To be honest with you, when I first went home it was still pretty severe.
"It kind of worried me because I figured once I got away from the game it would clear up pretty fast, but it didn't and I stayed in contact with our guys here and within three or four days after that three-week period, it was fine."
Kolb was fully healthy as the team gathered at their Tempe training facility, and is looking forward to building team-wide chemistry with teammates during the spring, an opportunity he wasn't afforded last season due to the NFL labor dispute.
"We've got a lot of new guys, I think there's 22 guys that have been through this offseason before, so with a hundred people in here, we have a lot of relationships to build," he said. "We had a good turnout (Monday), and it looks like a good group, so we'll be rolling."
Arizona Sports' Adam Green contributed to this report
- The 5: Top storylines heading into Arizona Cardinals training camp
- Arizona Cardinals' Patrick Peterson and Michael Floyd rank high on ESPN's list of top under-25 players
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals loaded with under-25 talent
- Arizona Cardinals place Tyrann Mathieu and Alameda Ta'amu on PUP list
- Cardinals receive 'B' offseason grade from USA Today
- Carson Palmer, AZ Cardinals QB - Friday July 25Cardinals QB Carson Palmer describes the key to this offense winning games.
- John Clayton, ESPN NFL Insider - Friday July 25ESPN NFL Insider John Clayton talks about Marshawn Lynch’s impending holdout.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday July 24What will the future hold for the Cardinals and Larry Fitzgerald?
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday July 22ESPN NFL insider Mike Sando gives updates from around the NFC West as teams head into training camp.