Updated Apr 16, 2012 - 4:53 pm
Concussion symptoms plagued Kolb into offseason
Sure, he got a chance to be a starter and received a healthy new contract upon being acquired via trade by the Cardinals, but things on the field didn't go exactly according to plan.
Kolb, who had missed four games with a turf toe injury, saw his season come to a premature end in Week 14 when he suffered a concussion after getting a knee to the head from San Francisco's Ahmad Brooks.
Though he was around the team for the final three games of the year, Kolb was still plagued by symptoms well into the offseason.
"Probably three weeks after the season was over," Kolb responded when asked about how long it took for the effects of the concussion to disappear. "To be honest with you, when I first went home it was still pretty severe.
"It kind of worried me because I figured once I got away from the game it would clear up pretty fast, but it didn't and I stayed in contact with our guys here and within three or four days after that three-week period, it was fine."
Kolb was fully healthy as the team gathered at their Tempe training facility, and is looking forward to building team-wide chemistry with teammates during the spring, an opportunity he wasn't afforded last season due to the NFL labor dispute.
"We've got a lot of new guys, I think there's 22 guys that have been through this offseason before, so with a hundred people in here, we have a lot of relationships to build," he said. "We had a good turnout (Monday), and it looks like a good group, so we'll be rolling."
Arizona Sports' Adam Green contributed to this report
- Arizona Cardinals benefit from the Carson Palmer effect
- It's official: Arizona Cardinals re-sign trio of players, release Daryn Colledge
- Arizona Cardinals agree to terms with Oakland Raiders LT Jared Veldheer
- Arizona Cardinals react to Karlos Dansby's departure
- Arizona Cardinals to lose LB Karlos Dansby to Cleveland Browns
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday March 11Is Jim Harbaugh still welcome in San Francisco?
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Monday March 10Kent Somers talks all things Cardinals free agency.
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?