Updated Apr 16, 2012 - 4:53 pm
Concussion symptoms plagued Kolb into offseason
Sure, he got a chance to be a starter and received a healthy new contract upon being acquired via trade by the Cardinals, but things on the field didn't go exactly according to plan.
Kolb, who had missed four games with a turf toe injury, saw his season come to a premature end in Week 14 when he suffered a concussion after getting a knee to the head from San Francisco's Ahmad Brooks.
Though he was around the team for the final three games of the year, Kolb was still plagued by symptoms well into the offseason.
"Probably three weeks after the season was over," Kolb responded when asked about how long it took for the effects of the concussion to disappear. "To be honest with you, when I first went home it was still pretty severe.
"It kind of worried me because I figured once I got away from the game it would clear up pretty fast, but it didn't and I stayed in contact with our guys here and within three or four days after that three-week period, it was fine."
Kolb was fully healthy as the team gathered at their Tempe training facility, and is looking forward to building team-wide chemistry with teammates during the spring, an opportunity he wasn't afforded last season due to the NFL labor dispute.
"We've got a lot of new guys, I think there's 22 guys that have been through this offseason before, so with a hundred people in here, we have a lot of relationships to build," he said. "We had a good turnout (Monday), and it looks like a good group, so we'll be rolling."
Arizona Sports' Adam Green contributed to this report
- Arizona Cardinals Bruce Arians not surprised James Harrison retired
- Christian Tupou, Kevin Cone, Dominique Williams added to Arizona Cardinals' practice squad
- New Arizona Cardinals LB Thomas Keiser: I wanted to go pass rush for somebody
- Former Arizona Cardinals quarterback Max Hall arrested on shoplifting, drug charges
- Arizona Cardinals' GM Steve Keim: Jonathan Cooper will be great for the team
- Bruce Arians- Cardinals head coach - Tuesday September 2Bruce Arians thinks the NFC West has gotten stronger in 2014.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday September 2Will the NFL suspend 49ers' defensive end Ray McDonald?
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Tuesday September 2It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi!
- Steve Keim - Arizona Cardinals GM - Tuesday September 2Steve Keim discusses whether or not the Cardinals roster is set.
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves