Updated Apr 16, 2012 - 4:53 pm
Concussion symptoms plagued Kolb into offseason
Sure, he got a chance to be a starter and received a healthy new contract upon being acquired via trade by the Cardinals, but things on the field didn't go exactly according to plan.
Kolb, who had missed four games with a turf toe injury, saw his season come to a premature end in Week 14 when he suffered a concussion after getting a knee to the head from San Francisco's Ahmad Brooks.
Though he was around the team for the final three games of the year, Kolb was still plagued by symptoms well into the offseason.
"Probably three weeks after the season was over," Kolb responded when asked about how long it took for the effects of the concussion to disappear. "To be honest with you, when I first went home it was still pretty severe.
"It kind of worried me because I figured once I got away from the game it would clear up pretty fast, but it didn't and I stayed in contact with our guys here and within three or four days after that three-week period, it was fine."
Kolb was fully healthy as the team gathered at their Tempe training facility, and is looking forward to building team-wide chemistry with teammates during the spring, an opportunity he wasn't afforded last season due to the NFL labor dispute.
"We've got a lot of new guys, I think there's 22 guys that have been through this offseason before, so with a hundred people in here, we have a lot of relationships to build," he said. "We had a good turnout (Monday), and it looks like a good group, so we'll be rolling."
Arizona Sports' Adam Green contributed to this report
- The Pulse: Cardinals fans most excited to see division rivals
- A disappointed Darnell Dockett: Karlos Dansby 'chased the money'
- Arizona Cardinals 'bought right in' to offseason strength and conditioning program
- Arizona Cardinals' Dockett: 'Anything less than the playoffs is a failure'
- Thoughts on the 2014 Arizona Cardinals schedule
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals president - Thursday April 24What goes into the Cardinalsí draft preparation?
- Mark Schlereth, ESPN NFL analyst - Tuesday April 22ESPN NFL analyst Mark Schlereth talks about the NFL Draft.
- Terry McDonough, Cardinals VP of player personnel - Tuesday April 22Who will the Cardinals draft with their first-round pick?
- Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals wide receiver - Tuesday April 22How are the Cardinals getting better in the offseason?
- Derek Carr- Fresno State quarterback - Monday April 21Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr talks about the NFL Draft.