Report: Cardinals visit with Notre Dame WR Floyd
And, according to NFL reporter Aaron Wilson, Notre Dame receiver Michael Floyd may be on their short list.
Source: Notre Dame WR Michael Floyd visited Cardinals, Dolphins this week to wrap up busy schedule: bit.ly/Jl73Lk— Aaron Wilson (@RavensInsider) April 19, 2012
The 6-foot-3, 200 pound Floyd tallied 100 receptions for 1,147 yards and 9 touchdowns as a senior, and scored 37 touchdowns in four years in South Bend.
"He's a good young player," Cardinals coach Ken Whisenhunt said of Floyd. "We got the chance to sit down and meet him, talk with him.
"That's probably one of the most rejuvenating parts of this whole process is to talk to some of these young men about their challengers, what they've gone through, how they've progressed in their careers. We really enjoyed our time with him."
Floyd would seem like a good fit opposite Larry Fitzgerald, as he would give the Cardinals another weapon in the passing game and the number two receiver they've lacked since trading Anquan Boldin to Baltimore before the 2010 season.
According to Wilson Floyd has also visited with the Cleveland Browns, Tennessee Titans, Cincinnati Bengals, St Louis Rams, New York Jets, Minnesota Vikings and Carolina Panthers.
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br
- Earl Watford, Cardinals 4th Round Selection - Wednesday May 1Earl Watford talked to Doug & Wolf about his strengths and being drafted out of a small school.