Updated Apr 19, 2012 - 1:33 pm
Report: Cardinals visit with Notre Dame WR Floyd
And, according to NFL reporter Aaron Wilson, Notre Dame receiver Michael Floyd may be on their short list.
Source: Notre Dame WR Michael Floyd visited Cardinals, Dolphins this week to wrap up busy schedule: bit.ly/Jl73Lk— Aaron Wilson (@RavensInsider) April 19, 2012
The 6-foot-3, 200 pound Floyd tallied 100 receptions for 1,147 yards and 9 touchdowns as a senior, and scored 37 touchdowns in four years in South Bend.
"He's a good young player," Cardinals coach Ken Whisenhunt said of Floyd. "We got the chance to sit down and meet him, talk with him.
"That's probably one of the most rejuvenating parts of this whole process is to talk to some of these young men about their challengers, what they've gone through, how they've progressed in their careers. We really enjoyed our time with him."
Floyd would seem like a good fit opposite Larry Fitzgerald, as he would give the Cardinals another weapon in the passing game and the number two receiver they've lacked since trading Anquan Boldin to Baltimore before the 2010 season.
According to Wilson Floyd has also visited with the Cleveland Browns, Tennessee Titans, Cincinnati Bengals, St Louis Rams, New York Jets, Minnesota Vikings and Carolina Panthers.
- Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com writer - Tuesday April 15NFL.com writer Daniel Jeremiah talks about the NFL draft.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Tuesday April 15Which quarterback will be taken first in the NFL Draft?
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals' president - Wednesday April 9Cardinals president Michael Bidwill discuses the getting the 2015 NFL Pro Bowl.
- Roger Kingdom, Arizona Cardinals' Speed Coach - Monday April 7Roger Kingdom talks about translating muscle gained to the field without slowing the players down.
- Itís Paulís Call with Paul Calvisi! - Friday April 4The rat pack is on the loose!