Updated Apr 19, 2012 - 1:33 pm
Report: Cardinals visit with Notre Dame WR Floyd
And, according to NFL reporter Aaron Wilson, Notre Dame receiver Michael Floyd may be on their short list.
Source: Notre Dame WR Michael Floyd visited Cardinals, Dolphins this week to wrap up busy schedule: bit.ly/Jl73Lk— Aaron Wilson (@RavensInsider) April 19, 2012
The 6-foot-3, 200 pound Floyd tallied 100 receptions for 1,147 yards and 9 touchdowns as a senior, and scored 37 touchdowns in four years in South Bend.
"He's a good young player," Cardinals coach Ken Whisenhunt said of Floyd. "We got the chance to sit down and meet him, talk with him.
"That's probably one of the most rejuvenating parts of this whole process is to talk to some of these young men about their challengers, what they've gone through, how they've progressed in their careers. We really enjoyed our time with him."
Floyd would seem like a good fit opposite Larry Fitzgerald, as he would give the Cardinals another weapon in the passing game and the number two receiver they've lacked since trading Anquan Boldin to Baltimore before the 2010 season.
According to Wilson Floyd has also visited with the Cleveland Browns, Tennessee Titans, Cincinnati Bengals, St Louis Rams, New York Jets, Minnesota Vikings and Carolina Panthers.
- Arizona Cardinals sign DT Tommy Kelly
- Report: Arizona Cardinals bring James Harrison in for a visit
- Arizona Cardinals RB Zach Bauman excited for 'opportunity to show what I can do' Thursday vs. Chargers
- Confident Chandler Catanzaro looks to prove himself as Arizona Cardinals kicker
- Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Michael Floyd named to Sports Illustrated's All-Breakout Team
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL Insider - Tuesday August 26Mike Sando takes us inside the NFL headlines.
- Who impressed/Who depressed - Monday August 25Vince praises Arizona's newest football dynasty.
- Bruce Arians- Cardinals head coach - Monday August 25Bruce Arians says Jay Feely was let go early on so he can catch on with another team.