Cardinals GM Rod Graves won't 'fall in love' with any draft prospect
"I stay away from falling in love with one player," Graves told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Thursday. "I think the process, as you very well know, if I have fallen in love with him you can rest assured that there are many others out there that have fallen in love with him too.
"There's too many opportunities for my heart to be broken that way."
So, Graves said he and the Cardinals will simply stick to the strategy of creating a draft board and selecting the best available player, regardless of need.
"We will focus on our needs throughout the process but we don't deviate from that approach," he said. "I think with that you have a better chance of coming away feeling satisfied and, more importantly, being successful with the pick."
"We want to be in a position where we can improve our football team, and if we can do that and still move back to pick up extra picks or a pick we'll consider that," he said. "But I think the focus is we're at 13, there's going to be a good football player there, and we certainly will look forward to selecting one."
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br
- Earl Watford, Cardinals 4th Round Selection - Wednesday May 1Earl Watford talked to Doug & Wolf about his strengths and being drafted out of a small school.