Graves: Cards repairing relationship with Kolb
"I have reached out to Kevin. We traded messages, and one of the things that I told him I look forward to doing is talking with him sometime this week," Graves told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Thursday. "He knows we've been busy, he's been traveling and so forth, but I look forward to talking to him soon."
Kolb was given a $7 million roster bonus in March, which ended the Cardinals chase for Manning. The confidence in Kolb was tested when he was injured for most of the 2011 season and his numbers fell short of expectations.
He completed 57.7 percent of his passes and threw eight interceptions and nine touchdowns.
Graves said Kolb wants those problems out of his mind and focus on the goals the team had for him the past year.
"I will say this is that first of all, Kevin is a professional," Graves said. "He understands the game, and he's just looking forward to moving forward and meeting a lot of the expectations that he not only had for himself, but what this organization had for him."
The Cardinals have made it clear they're sticking with the 27-year-old quarterback, and they're excited to see how he'll use the offseason as motivation.
"We're excited about what our football team is going to be able to do around him and John Skelton this year," Graves said. "We'll see how the whole position plays out, but Kevin is a competitor."
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br
- Earl Watford, Cardinals 4th Round Selection - Wednesday May 1Earl Watford talked to Doug & Wolf about his strengths and being drafted out of a small school.