Updated Apr 20, 2012 - 2:32 pm
Graves: Cards repairing relationship with Kolb
"I have reached out to Kevin. We traded messages, and one of the things that I told him I look forward to doing is talking with him sometime this week," Graves told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Thursday. "He knows we've been busy, he's been traveling and so forth, but I look forward to talking to him soon."
Kolb was given a $7 million roster bonus in March, which ended the Cardinals chase for Manning. The confidence in Kolb was tested when he was injured for most of the 2011 season and his numbers fell short of expectations.
He completed 57.7 percent of his passes and threw eight interceptions and nine touchdowns.
Graves said Kolb wants those problems out of his mind and focus on the goals the team had for him the past year.
"I will say this is that first of all, Kevin is a professional," Graves said. "He understands the game, and he's just looking forward to moving forward and meeting a lot of the expectations that he not only had for himself, but what this organization had for him."
The Cardinals have made it clear they're sticking with the 27-year-old quarterback, and they're excited to see how he'll use the offseason as motivation.
"We're excited about what our football team is going to be able to do around him and John Skelton this year," Graves said. "We'll see how the whole position plays out, but Kevin is a competitor."
- Arizona Cardinals GM Steve Keim: 'I'm never done' building the roster
- Walt Powell claimed by New York Jets
- How the West Was Won - Week 1
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals' offense will offset losses on defense, lead team to a winning record
- Cardinals awarded waiver claim on OLB Thomas Keiser, waive rookie WR Walt Powell
- Steve Keim - Arizona Cardinals GM - Tuesday September 2Steve Keim discusses whether or not the Cardinals roster is set.
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 29The Arizona Cardinals and San Diego Chargers played one of the most pointless games in NFL history l
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.