Updated Apr 23, 2012 - 9:53 am
Rumor: Larry Fitzgerald wants Cardinals to take Michael Floyd
The Cardinals ended up trading for Eagles QB Kevin Kolb.
This offseason, according to Sports Illustrated's Peter King, Fitz has his sights set on another player who would help the team's offense.
Speaking of the Cards, I talked to Larry Fitzgerald over the weekend. Let's just say he wants fellow Minnesotan Michael Floyd with that 13th pick. Badly ...
King notes he's heard the Cardinals are interested in Georgia lineman Cordy Glenn, which while filling a need, would be a somewhat underwhelming pick.
Floyd, on the other hand, would give the Cardinals the number two receiver they've lacked since trading Anquan Boldin to the Ravens before the 2010 season.
At 6-foot-3 and 224 pounds, Floyd would fit in well opposite Fitzgerald, giving the team a pair of big-play receiving threats.
Floyd tallied 100 receptions for 1,147 yards and nine touchdowns as a senior for Notre Dame, and scored 37 touchdowns over the course of his four-year career with the school.
- Steve Keim, Cardinals GM - Friday April 18Will the Cardinals draft a quarterback?
- John McClain, NFL insider - Thursday April 17Who will the Texans draft?
- Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com writer - Tuesday April 15NFL.com writer Daniel Jeremiah talks about the NFL draft.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Tuesday April 15Which quarterback will be taken first in the NFL Draft?
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals' president - Wednesday April 9Cardinals president Michael Bidwill discuses the getting the 2015 NFL Pro Bowl.