Updated Apr 23, 2012 - 9:53 am
Rumor: Larry Fitzgerald wants Cardinals to take Michael Floyd
The Cardinals ended up trading for Eagles QB Kevin Kolb.
This offseason, according to Sports Illustrated's Peter King, Fitz has his sights set on another player who would help the team's offense.
Speaking of the Cards, I talked to Larry Fitzgerald over the weekend. Let's just say he wants fellow Minnesotan Michael Floyd with that 13th pick. Badly ...
King notes he's heard the Cardinals are interested in Georgia lineman Cordy Glenn, which while filling a need, would be a somewhat underwhelming pick.
Floyd, on the other hand, would give the Cardinals the number two receiver they've lacked since trading Anquan Boldin to the Ravens before the 2010 season.
At 6-foot-3 and 224 pounds, Floyd would fit in well opposite Fitzgerald, giving the team a pair of big-play receiving threats.
Floyd tallied 100 receptions for 1,147 yards and nine touchdowns as a senior for Notre Dame, and scored 37 touchdowns over the course of his four-year career with the school.
- Paul Fanaika, Arizona Cardinals offensive guard - Wednesday July 30The Arizona Cardinals’ offensive guard Paul Fanaika joins the show to discuss training camp.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Wednesday July 30NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner discusses Arizona Cardinals' training camp.
- Patrick Peterson, Arizona Cardinals cornerback - Wednesday July 30Arizona Cardinals' defensive cornerback Patrick Peterson discusses his new contract extension.
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.
- Pete Prisco- CBS NFL Analyst - Wednesday July 30Pete Prisco talks about the top cornerbacks in the NFL.