Updated Apr 23, 2012 - 9:53 am
Rumor: Larry Fitzgerald wants Cardinals to take Michael Floyd
The Cardinals ended up trading for Eagles QB Kevin Kolb.
This offseason, according to Sports Illustrated's Peter King, Fitz has his sights set on another player who would help the team's offense.
Speaking of the Cards, I talked to Larry Fitzgerald over the weekend. Let's just say he wants fellow Minnesotan Michael Floyd with that 13th pick. Badly ...
King notes he's heard the Cardinals are interested in Georgia lineman Cordy Glenn, which while filling a need, would be a somewhat underwhelming pick.
Floyd, on the other hand, would give the Cardinals the number two receiver they've lacked since trading Anquan Boldin to the Ravens before the 2010 season.
At 6-foot-3 and 224 pounds, Floyd would fit in well opposite Fitzgerald, giving the team a pair of big-play receiving threats.
Floyd tallied 100 receptions for 1,147 yards and nine touchdowns as a senior for Notre Dame, and scored 37 touchdowns over the course of his four-year career with the school.
- Forbes: Larry Fitzgerald among most overpaid players in NFL
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 20, 2014
- Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander defends Daniel Snyder but thinks Redskins should change name
- New Arizona Cardinals defensive lineman Isaac Sopoaga thrown right into the mix
- Arizona Cardinals' Tyrann Mathieu practices for the first time this season
- Lyle Sendlein, Cardinals center - Wednesday August 20Lyle Sendlein talks about coming back from his injury and the loss of Darnell Dockett.
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Wednesday August 20Lorenzo Alexander discusses having to step up to fill the voids left by injuries and free agents lea
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday August 20The NFL has a new problem on their hands, and it has to do with the Redskins.
- Larry Fitzgerald, AZ Cardinals WR - Wednesday August 20Doug & Wolf ask Fitz about the Cardinals offense and about his future in Arizona.