Updated Apr 23, 2012 - 9:53 am
Rumor: Larry Fitzgerald wants Cardinals to take Michael Floyd
The Cardinals ended up trading for Eagles QB Kevin Kolb.
This offseason, according to Sports Illustrated's Peter King, Fitz has his sights set on another player who would help the team's offense.
Speaking of the Cards, I talked to Larry Fitzgerald over the weekend. Let's just say he wants fellow Minnesotan Michael Floyd with that 13th pick. Badly ...
King notes he's heard the Cardinals are interested in Georgia lineman Cordy Glenn, which while filling a need, would be a somewhat underwhelming pick.
Floyd, on the other hand, would give the Cardinals the number two receiver they've lacked since trading Anquan Boldin to the Ravens before the 2010 season.
At 6-foot-3 and 224 pounds, Floyd would fit in well opposite Fitzgerald, giving the team a pair of big-play receiving threats.
Floyd tallied 100 receptions for 1,147 yards and nine touchdowns as a senior for Notre Dame, and scored 37 touchdowns over the course of his four-year career with the school.
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 1, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals LB John Abraham releases statement on June DUI arrest
- Arizona Cardinals' Jay Feely on proposal to push PATs back: 'There's going to be a lot more injuries'
- Cardinals rookie receiver John Brown doing more than relying on physical talents in training camp
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Brown sits out, Starks adds depth, Abraham will be in camp 'soon'
- Kareem Martin, Arizona Cardinals defensive end - Friday August 1Arizona Cardinals’ defensive end Kareem Martin speaks on his first NFL training camp experience.
- Tony Jefferson, Arizona Cardinals safety - Friday August 1Arizona Cardinals’ safety Tony Jefferson discusses training camp improvements.
- Bob McManaman, azcentral sports writer - Friday August 1azcentral sports writer Bob McManaman joins the show at Cardinals training camp.
- John Brown, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 1Cardinals rookie wide receiver John Brown says he is different from other rookies.
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 1Are the fortunes of the Arizona Cardinals changing?