Updated Apr 23, 2012 - 9:53 am
Rumor: Larry Fitzgerald wants Cardinals to take Michael Floyd
The Cardinals ended up trading for Eagles QB Kevin Kolb.
This offseason, according to Sports Illustrated's Peter King, Fitz has his sights set on another player who would help the team's offense.
Speaking of the Cards, I talked to Larry Fitzgerald over the weekend. Let's just say he wants fellow Minnesotan Michael Floyd with that 13th pick. Badly ...
King notes he's heard the Cardinals are interested in Georgia lineman Cordy Glenn, which while filling a need, would be a somewhat underwhelming pick.
Floyd, on the other hand, would give the Cardinals the number two receiver they've lacked since trading Anquan Boldin to the Ravens before the 2010 season.
At 6-foot-3 and 224 pounds, Floyd would fit in well opposite Fitzgerald, giving the team a pair of big-play receiving threats.
Floyd tallied 100 receptions for 1,147 yards and nine touchdowns as a senior for Notre Dame, and scored 37 touchdowns over the course of his four-year career with the school.
- It's official: Arizona Cardinals re-sign trio of players, release Daryn Colledge
- Arizona Cardinals agree to terms with Oakland Raiders LT Jared Veldheer
- Arizona Cardinals react to Karlos Dansby's departure
- Arizona Cardinals to lose LB Karlos Dansby to Cleveland Browns
- Karlos Dansby attracting many suitors for his services
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday March 11Is Jim Harbaugh still welcome in San Francisco?
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Monday March 10Kent Somers talks all things Cardinals free agency.
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?