Updated Apr 23, 2012 - 2:59 pm
ESPN's Mark May compares Michael Floyd to Larry Fitzgerald
A receiver out of Notre Dame, he would line up opposite Larry Fitzgerald and give the Cardinals a dynamic duo opposing teams would struggle to contain.
"He's just like Larry Fitzgerald, has that same type of mentality," ESPN NCAA insider Mark May told Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo. "He's really dedicated himself the last couple of years."
Floyd tallied 100 receptions for 1,147 yards and nine touchdowns as a senior, and had a knack for finding the end zone throughout his time in South Bend, scoring 37 times.
Unfortunately for the Cardinals, as May said, there's a good chance the player won't be around when the Cardinals make their selection at 13.
"Here's a guy that's 6-foot-3, 225 pounds, and he's a great blocker," May said. "He is the best downfield blocker and the best blocker at the wide receiver position in this draft without a doubt."
May added that what Floyd may lack top-end speed, he makes up for in physicality.
Sounds a lot like that Fitzgerald guy, doesn't it? One Fitz is tough enough for teams to defend, but two? Good luck.
"If you put him on one side of the field...and put Larry Fitzgerald on the other side, it doesn't matter who your three and four receivers are," May said. "There's going to be mismatches."
Sounds good to us, so let's just hope he's still on the board when the Cardinals are on the clock.
- A disappointed Darnell Dockett: Karlos Dansby 'chased the money'
- Arizona Cardinals 'bought right in' to offseason strength and conditioning program
- Arizona Cardinals' Dockett: 'Anything less than the playoffs is a failure'
- Thoughts on the 2014 Arizona Cardinals schedule
- Arizona Cardinals president Michael Bidwill on schedule: NFL 'gave us a lot of respect'
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals president - Thursday April 24What goes into the Cardinalsí draft preparation?
- Mark Schlereth, ESPN NFL analyst - Tuesday April 22ESPN NFL analyst Mark Schlereth talks about the NFL Draft.
- Terry McDonough, Cardinals VP of player personnel - Tuesday April 22Who will the Cardinals draft with their first-round pick?
- Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals wide receiver - Tuesday April 22How are the Cardinals getting better in the offseason?
- Derek Carr- Fresno State quarterback - Monday April 21Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr talks about the NFL Draft.