Updated Apr 23, 2012 - 2:59 pm
ESPN's Mark May compares Michael Floyd to Larry Fitzgerald
A receiver out of Notre Dame, he would line up opposite Larry Fitzgerald and give the Cardinals a dynamic duo opposing teams would struggle to contain.
"He's just like Larry Fitzgerald, has that same type of mentality," ESPN NCAA insider Mark May told Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo. "He's really dedicated himself the last couple of years."
Floyd tallied 100 receptions for 1,147 yards and nine touchdowns as a senior, and had a knack for finding the end zone throughout his time in South Bend, scoring 37 times.
Unfortunately for the Cardinals, as May said, there's a good chance the player won't be around when the Cardinals make their selection at 13.
"Here's a guy that's 6-foot-3, 225 pounds, and he's a great blocker," May said. "He is the best downfield blocker and the best blocker at the wide receiver position in this draft without a doubt."
May added that what Floyd may lack top-end speed, he makes up for in physicality.
Sounds a lot like that Fitzgerald guy, doesn't it? One Fitz is tough enough for teams to defend, but two? Good luck.
"If you put him on one side of the field...and put Larry Fitzgerald on the other side, it doesn't matter who your three and four receivers are," May said. "There's going to be mismatches."
Sounds good to us, so let's just hope he's still on the board when the Cardinals are on the clock.
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 1, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals LB John Abraham releases statement on June DUI arrest
- Arizona Cardinals' Jay Feely on proposal to push PATs back: 'There's going to be a lot more injuries'
- Cardinals rookie receiver John Brown doing more than relying on physical talents in training camp
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Brown sits out, Starks adds depth, Abraham will be in camp 'soon'
- Kareem Martin, Arizona Cardinals defensive end - Friday August 1Arizona Cardinals’ defensive end Kareem Martin speaks on his first NFL training camp experience.
- Tony Jefferson, Arizona Cardinals safety - Friday August 1Arizona Cardinals’ safety Tony Jefferson discusses training camp improvements.
- Bob McManaman, azcentral sports writer - Friday August 1azcentral sports writer Bob McManaman joins the show at Cardinals training camp.
- John Brown, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 1Cardinals rookie wide receiver John Brown says he is different from other rookies.
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 1Are the fortunes of the Arizona Cardinals changing?