Updated Apr 23, 2012 - 2:59 pm
ESPN's Mark May compares Michael Floyd to Larry Fitzgerald
A receiver out of Notre Dame, he would line up opposite Larry Fitzgerald and give the Cardinals a dynamic duo opposing teams would struggle to contain.
"He's just like Larry Fitzgerald, has that same type of mentality," ESPN NCAA insider Mark May told Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo. "He's really dedicated himself the last couple of years."
Floyd tallied 100 receptions for 1,147 yards and nine touchdowns as a senior, and had a knack for finding the end zone throughout his time in South Bend, scoring 37 times.
Unfortunately for the Cardinals, as May said, there's a good chance the player won't be around when the Cardinals make their selection at 13.
"Here's a guy that's 6-foot-3, 225 pounds, and he's a great blocker," May said. "He is the best downfield blocker and the best blocker at the wide receiver position in this draft without a doubt."
May added that what Floyd may lack top-end speed, he makes up for in physicality.
Sounds a lot like that Fitzgerald guy, doesn't it? One Fitz is tough enough for teams to defend, but two? Good luck.
"If you put him on one side of the field...and put Larry Fitzgerald on the other side, it doesn't matter who your three and four receivers are," May said. "There's going to be mismatches."
Sounds good to us, so let's just hope he's still on the board when the Cardinals are on the clock.
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 3Get off Paul's Lawn!