How the NFC West is stacking up in the draft
Trades were plentiful in Day One of the draft, and the NFC West was particularly active.
St. Louis Rams
Round 1: The St. Louis Rams traded the sixth pick to the Dallas Cowboys and received the 14th overall pick in return, in addition to the Cowboys second round selection.
In what was new head coach Jeff Fisher's first selection as part of the Rams contingent, the Rams used the 14th pick on defensive tackle Michael Brockers from LSU. Brockers is a solid, albeit not flashy addition. He's likely to solidify a defense that desperately needed to be shored up.
Still to come: The Rams now possess three of the first 13 picks in the second round of the draft, including the first pick of the day Friday. St. Louis also holds a third, fourth, sixth and two seventh round selections.
Round 1: Seattle also decided to trade down in the first round in an effort to add more picks for later rounds. The Seahawks struck a deal with the Philadelphia Eagles, who were coveting defensive tackle Fletcher Cox. In return for trading the 12th pick to the Eagles, the Seahawks received the 15th, 114th (4th round) and 172nd (6th round) picks in the draft.
With the 15th overall selection, the Seahawks drafted defensive end Bruce Irvin from West Virginia to help bolster their pass rush defense.
Still to come: The Seahawks are penciled in with the 43rd pick in the second round, in addition to their newly acquired fourth and sixth round picks from Philadelphia. Seattle also holds one third, two fourth and sixth round picks, along with one seventh round selection.
San Francisco 49ers
Round 1: Unlike their division foes, San Francisco did not make a deal to move up the draft boards. Instead, the 49ers surprised some by using their 30th pick on Illinois wide receiver A.J. Jenkins. The Niners believe his speed could light up opposing teams' defenses.
Still to come: The 49ers still hold a plethora of picks, including the 61st selection in the second round along with a pick in the third, fourth, fifth, sixth and seventh round, respectively.
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br
- Earl Watford, Cardinals 4th Round Selection - Wednesday May 1Earl Watford talked to Doug & Wolf about his strengths and being drafted out of a small school.