Updated Apr 30, 2012 - 4:20 pm
Cardinals draft Justin Bethel from Presbyterian at 177
Bethel started four years for Presbyterian and is an effective pass and run defender. He possess good size and athleticism and has been deemed a strong physical presence working on the line of scrimmage.
The 6'0", 200-pound defensive back was considered a sleeper in this year's draft. Bethel is explosive making plays down the field and his versatility allows him to play safety or contribute on special teams. The Cardinals are listing Bethel as a safety but will use him in a variety of different roles.
He is considered to be a true gamer and should blend well in the Cardinals defensive scheme. Bethel is the second defensive back taken by the Cardinals in this year's draft.
Bethel thrived in his senior season and compiled 87 tackles, a sack and had four interceptions, one of which was returned for a touchdown. His quickness contributed to punt and field- goal blocks, as well.
The Big South Conference Defensive Player of the Year opened eyes at the NFL Combine when he showcased his jaw-dropping leaping skills. Bethel recorded a 39.5-inch vertical leap, which was fifth best overall.
Bethel is the first Presbyterian player drafted since 1969.
- Arizona Cardinals linebacker John Abraham's three-sack day puts him in historic company
- Larry Fitzgerald's big day leads Arizona Cardinals to win over St. Louis Rams
- Karlos Dansby continues happy homecoming with Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals' quarterback Carson Palmer shines in win over St. Louis Rams
- Arizona Cardinals fear Tyrann Mathieu suffered ACL injury in win over Rams
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 6Ron Wolfley grinds film all week and shares his findings in the Cardinals-Rams match-up
- John Clayton, ESPN NFL Insider - Friday December 6The Professor provides insight into this week's NFL headlines
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 5A recap of the Cardinals game in Philly and what to expect against the Rams.
- Craig Wolfley, Steelers Sideline Analyst - Thursday December 5Will Ben Roethlisberger leave the Steelers?