Cardinals draft Justin Bethel from Presbyterian at 177
Bethel started four years for Presbyterian and is an effective pass and run defender. He possess good size and athleticism and has been deemed a strong physical presence working on the line of scrimmage.
The 6'0", 200-pound defensive back was considered a sleeper in this year's draft. Bethel is explosive making plays down the field and his versatility allows him to play safety or contribute on special teams. The Cardinals are listing Bethel as a safety but will use him in a variety of different roles.
He is considered to be a true gamer and should blend well in the Cardinals defensive scheme. Bethel is the second defensive back taken by the Cardinals in this year's draft.
Bethel thrived in his senior season and compiled 87 tackles, a sack and had four interceptions, one of which was returned for a touchdown. His quickness contributed to punt and field- goal blocks, as well.
The Big South Conference Defensive Player of the Year opened eyes at the NFL Combine when he showcased his jaw-dropping leaping skills. Bethel recorded a 39.5-inch vertical leap, which was fifth best overall.
Bethel is the first Presbyterian player drafted since 1969.
- Bruce Arians and Charles Barkley in agreement on gay athlete issue
- Tyrann Mathieu making 'believers'
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals 26th in future power rankings
- Cardinals coach: As of now, Rashard Mendenhall is the starting running back
- Cardinals coach Bruce Arians on Daryl Washington: 'He's walking a very thin line'
- Impromptu Power Poll: Tim Tebow - Monday June 10Doug & Wolf's top 5 reasons why the Patriots signed Tim Tebow.
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br