Updated Apr 30, 2012 - 11:49 am
Rumor: Cardinals invite Oregon QB Thomas to minicamp
However, his NFL dream will have a chance to live on, possibly with the Arizona Cardinals.
According to a report by Scout.com NFL insider Aaron Wilson, the team has invited the former Duck to minicamp on a tryout basis.
Former Oregon QB Darron Thomas invited to Steelers, Cardinals minicamps on a tryout basis, per a league source— Aaron Wilson (@RavensInsider) April 30, 2012
Thomas had success running Oregon's offense the last two years, throwing for 5,642 yards while tossing 63 touchdowns against just 16 interceptions, as well as running for 692 yards and eight scores.
Thomas led the Ducks to their first Rose Bowl win since 1917 this past January, passing for 268 yards and three touchdowns in a 45-38 win over Wisconsin.
At 6-foot-3 and 215 pound, Thomas has good size, but there are some doubts to his ability to run an NFL offense.
- Cardinals running back Rashard Mendenhall calls it quits in Huffington Post article
- NFL writer: Cardinals could turn attention to Jared Veldheer if Branden Albert heads to Dolphins
- PFT: All signs point to free agent tackle Albert signing with Dolphins
- Agent confirms Cardinals running back Rashard Mendenhall to retire
- Daryn Colledge tweets of his release from Cardinals
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 3Get off Paul's Lawn!