Updated Apr 30, 2012 - 11:49 am
Rumor: Cardinals invite Oregon QB Thomas to minicamp
However, his NFL dream will have a chance to live on, possibly with the Arizona Cardinals.
According to a report by Scout.com NFL insider Aaron Wilson, the team has invited the former Duck to minicamp on a tryout basis.
Former Oregon QB Darron Thomas invited to Steelers, Cardinals minicamps on a tryout basis, per a league source— Aaron Wilson (@RavensInsider) April 30, 2012
Thomas had success running Oregon's offense the last two years, throwing for 5,642 yards while tossing 63 touchdowns against just 16 interceptions, as well as running for 692 yards and eight scores.
Thomas led the Ducks to their first Rose Bowl win since 1917 this past January, passing for 268 yards and three touchdowns in a 45-38 win over Wisconsin.
At 6-foot-3 and 215 pound, Thomas has good size, but there are some doubts to his ability to run an NFL offense.
- Walt Powell claimed by New York Jets
- How the West Was Won - Week 1
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals' offense will offset losses on defense, lead team to a winning record
- Cardinals awarded waiver claim on OLB Thomas Keiser, waive rookie WR Walt Powell
- Bauman, Golden, Sopoaga, Hardy among Arizona Cardinals' final roster cuts
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 29The Arizona Cardinals and San Diego Chargers played one of the most pointless games in NFL history l
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.