Updated Apr 30, 2012 - 11:49 am
Rumor: Cardinals invite Oregon QB Thomas to minicamp
However, his NFL dream will have a chance to live on, possibly with the Arizona Cardinals.
According to a report by Scout.com NFL insider Aaron Wilson, the team has invited the former Duck to minicamp on a tryout basis.
Former Oregon QB Darron Thomas invited to Steelers, Cardinals minicamps on a tryout basis, per a league source— Aaron Wilson (@RavensInsider) April 30, 2012
Thomas had success running Oregon's offense the last two years, throwing for 5,642 yards while tossing 63 touchdowns against just 16 interceptions, as well as running for 692 yards and eight scores.
Thomas led the Ducks to their first Rose Bowl win since 1917 this past January, passing for 268 yards and three touchdowns in a 45-38 win over Wisconsin.
At 6-foot-3 and 215 pound, Thomas has good size, but there are some doubts to his ability to run an NFL offense.
- Cardinals offensive tackle Eric Winston: Playing meaningful games 'is what it's all about'
- Jaws: Dansby playing with a chip on his shoulder
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 12
- Stability at quarterback a huge catalyst for Arizona Cardinals' 2013 success
- Franz's 2013 NFL Power Poll - Week 15
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 13Go inside the Film Room with Wolf to analyze the Cardinals-Titans matchup.
- Wolf's 5 Star NFL Game - Friday December 13What is the must-see NFL game of the weekend?
- John Clayton, ESPN NFL Insider - Friday December 13Does Shanahan want out of DC? Will Rodgers play again this season? Can the Patriots survive without
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 12The Cardinals are in the playoff race.
- Steve Tasker, NFL Analyst - Wednesday December 11Tasker discusses Carson Palmer, Tyrann Mathieu and what's going on with the Redskins.