SI's King: Lindley could start at QB this season
The Cards gave their offense a new weapon by drafting Notre Dame star receiver Michael Floyd in the first round, addressed needs by drafting three offensive lineman and also invested in their defensive secondary by using picks on cornerback Jamell Fleming and safety Justin Bethel.
One of the more intriguing picks was their sixth-round selection of San Diego State quarterback Ryan Lindley.
Lindley started for four years at SDSU, throwing for 12,690 yards and 90 touchdowns.
One NFL insider believes that experience will be a huge factor for the Cardinals, who he believes are still looking to find their quarterback solution.
The expert is SI's Peter King, who picked Lindley to have the fourth-biggest impact of any rookie quarterback in 2012, behind only Robert Griffin III, Andrew Luck and Brandon Weeden, who were all first round picks.
Whoa, you say. Pump the brakes, pal. Nope. Lindley started 49 games in a pro-style offense in college, and the Cardinals aren't sold that Kevin Kolb is the long-term answer. Something tells me Lindley will have his shot to play by midseason.
So could King be right? Could Lindley take over the reins of the Cardinals offense this season?
That remains to be seen, but Arizona head coach Ken Whisenhunt had glowing things to say about the former Aztec signal caller Tuesday with Doug & Wolf on Arizona Sports 620.
"This year [Lindley] lost his receivers," Whisenhunt said. "He wasn't as productive this season, but he's been a productive college quarterback and he's a big guy that can move so when you come to that point in the draft and you see him on your board and he's sticking out and his measurable, his height, his size, his speed, his arm strength, they were all good."
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br
- Earl Watford, Cardinals 4th Round Selection - Wednesday May 1Earl Watford talked to Doug & Wolf about his strengths and being drafted out of a small school.