Updated May 2, 2012 - 2:14 pm
Cardinals make changes in personnel department
Keim, who is entering his 14th season with the team, was promoted to Director of Player Personnel in 2008 after previously working as the Director of College Scouting.
Keim has been widely credited for some of the Cardinals' recent draft successes, including the selections of Pro Bowlers Patrick Peterson, Larry Fitzgerald, Darnell Dockett, Adrian Wilson and Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie.
The man filling his spot, Licht, worked for the Cardinals until leaving following the 2008 season, returns after spending the last three seasons as the Director of Pro Personnel with the New England Patriots.
"The personnel staff and player evaluation process are critical to assembling a championship-caliber football team," said Cardinals General Manager Rod Graves in a press release. "I'm proud of the work our scouts, coaches and personnel staff have done up to this point and I'm also very excited about these two moves today.
"Steve and Jason are exceptional NFL personnel evaluators with proven track records and their expertise makes us a better organization."
- Mark Schlereth, ESPN NFL analyst - Tuesday April 22ESPN NFL analyst Mark Schlereth talks about the NFL Draft.
- Terry McDonough, Cardinals VP of player personnel - Tuesday April 22Who will the Cardinals draft with their first-round pick?
- Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals wide receiver - Tuesday April 22How are the Cardinals getting better in the offseason?
- Derek Carr- Fresno State quarterback - Monday April 21Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr talks about the NFL Draft.
- Steve Keim, Cardinals GM - Friday April 18Will the Cardinals draft a quarterback?