Updated May 10, 2012 - 1:49 pm
Patrick Peterson pegged as 'breakout star' in 2012
In fact, if CBSSports.com's Pete Prisco is right, Peterson, who is an impact player in the return game, will become the cover corner the team needs.
Yes, he flashed as a return man, but I think he will take a huge step forward as a cover corner this season. You saw more of it in the second half last season.
Peterson finished the year with 64 tackles, two interceptions and 13 passes defensed, showing that the ability is there to become one of the league's better cornerbacks.
Now, if he takes the next step like Prisco suggests he will, chances are good the second-year pro will find his way back to the Pro Bowl (assuming it still exists), albeit for a different reason than before.
- Paul Fanaika, Arizona Cardinals offensive guard - Wednesday July 30The Arizona Cardinals’ offensive guard Paul Fanaika joins the show to discuss training camp.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Wednesday July 30NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner discusses Arizona Cardinals' training camp.
- Patrick Peterson, Arizona Cardinals cornerback - Wednesday July 30Arizona Cardinals' defensive cornerback Patrick Peterson discusses his new contract extension.
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.
- Pete Prisco- CBS NFL Analyst - Wednesday July 30Pete Prisco talks about the top cornerbacks in the NFL.