Updated May 10, 2012 - 1:49 pm
Patrick Peterson pegged as 'breakout star' in 2012
In fact, if CBSSports.com's Pete Prisco is right, Peterson, who is an impact player in the return game, will become the cover corner the team needs.
Yes, he flashed as a return man, but I think he will take a huge step forward as a cover corner this season. You saw more of it in the second half last season.
Peterson finished the year with 64 tackles, two interceptions and 13 passes defensed, showing that the ability is there to become one of the league's better cornerbacks.
Now, if he takes the next step like Prisco suggests he will, chances are good the second-year pro will find his way back to the Pro Bowl (assuming it still exists), albeit for a different reason than before.
- Steve Keim, Cardinals GM - Friday April 18Will the Cardinals draft a quarterback?
- John McClain, NFL insider - Thursday April 17Who will the Texans draft?
- Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com writer - Tuesday April 15NFL.com writer Daniel Jeremiah talks about the NFL draft.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Tuesday April 15Which quarterback will be taken first in the NFL Draft?
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals' president - Wednesday April 9Cardinals president Michael Bidwill discuses the getting the 2015 NFL Pro Bowl.