Updated May 10, 2012 - 1:49 pm
Patrick Peterson pegged as 'breakout star' in 2012
In fact, if CBSSports.com's Pete Prisco is right, Peterson, who is an impact player in the return game, will become the cover corner the team needs.
Yes, he flashed as a return man, but I think he will take a huge step forward as a cover corner this season. You saw more of it in the second half last season.
Peterson finished the year with 64 tackles, two interceptions and 13 passes defensed, showing that the ability is there to become one of the league's better cornerbacks.
Now, if he takes the next step like Prisco suggests he will, chances are good the second-year pro will find his way back to the Pro Bowl (assuming it still exists), albeit for a different reason than before.
- Cardinals running back Rashard Mendenhall calls it quits in Huffington Post article
- NFL writer: Cardinals could turn attention to Jared Veldheer if Branden Albert heads to Dolphins
- PFT: All signs point to free agent tackle Albert signing with Dolphins
- Agent confirms Cardinals running back Rashard Mendenhall to retire
- Daryn Colledge tweets of his release from Cardinals
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 3Get off Paul's Lawn!