Updated May 10, 2012 - 1:49 pm
Patrick Peterson pegged as 'breakout star' in 2012
In fact, if CBSSports.com's Pete Prisco is right, Peterson, who is an impact player in the return game, will become the cover corner the team needs.
Yes, he flashed as a return man, but I think he will take a huge step forward as a cover corner this season. You saw more of it in the second half last season.
Peterson finished the year with 64 tackles, two interceptions and 13 passes defensed, showing that the ability is there to become one of the league's better cornerbacks.
Now, if he takes the next step like Prisco suggests he will, chances are good the second-year pro will find his way back to the Pro Bowl (assuming it still exists), albeit for a different reason than before.
- Arizona Cardinals don't want to be NFC West's 'stepchild' any longer
- Arizona Cardinals will have Andre Ellington back on the field vs. Rams
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 6
- A different kind of measuring stick awaits Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals' coach expects 'questionable' Carson Palmer to play Sunday vs. St. Louis Rams
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 6Ron Wolfley grinds film all week and shares his findings in the Cardinals-Rams match-up
- John Clayton, ESPN NFL Insider - Friday December 6The Professor provides insight into this week's NFL headlines
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 5A recap of the Cardinals game in Philly and what to expect against the Rams.
- Craig Wolfley, Steelers Sideline Analyst - Thursday December 5Will Ben Roethlisberger leave the Steelers?