Cardinals agree to contract with Calais Campbell
The team announced late Thursday that they and Campbell have agreed to a five-year deal that will keep the emerging star in the Valley through 2016.
Campbell, 25, is coming off a career year in which he tallied 8 sacks and 72 tackles, as well as blocked three field goals.
A third-round pick in the 2008 NFL Draft, Campbell has started 46 games for the Cardinals and recorded 215 tackles, 21 sacks, four forced fumbles, two fumble recoveries and one interception.
The team had placed the "non-exclusive" franchise tag on Campbell on March 2, a move that would have kept in Arizona if a deal could not be struck, but said all along the goal was to ensure the former Miami Hurricane was a Cardinal for the foreseeable future.
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br
- Earl Watford, Cardinals 4th Round Selection - Wednesday May 1Earl Watford talked to Doug & Wolf about his strengths and being drafted out of a small school.