Updated May 11, 2012 - 5:31 pm
Cards CB Fleming unfazed about new scheme
The Cardinals' third-round draft pick exudes the utmost confidence when discussing the experience and knowledge he brings from Oklahoma and doesn't expect the learning curve to be too steep.
"At Oklahoma, they did a great job of teaching us some NFL systems and pro-style defenses so it's not going to be too bad for me," Fleming told the media after the first day of rookies-only minicamp Friday.
Fleming will be competing with Greg Toler, A.J. Jefferson and William Gay for the spot opposite 2011 first-round draft pick Patrick Peterson. The versatile defensive back will likely rotate among multiple positions in the Cardinals secondary.
With one day of rookie camp in the books, Fleming is feeling good about his chances to make an immediate impact.
"I feel great," Fleming said. "I feel like I can compete in anybody's system, in anybody's team. So I am just glad to be out here."
Fleming feels fortunate to have his first professional practice under his belt and to be able to show the Cardinals organization what he's capable of.
"It's the big leagues," Fleming stated. "I've finally got out to this side of the field. So I am happy and I am just going to compete and do the best I can."
- Free agent kicker Jay Feely announces he's re-signed with Arizona Cardinals
- NFL Draft '14: Six-round mock draft for the Arizona Cardinals
- Cardinals running back Rashard Mendenhall calls it quits in Huffington Post article
- NFL writer: Cardinals could turn attention to Jared Veldheer if Branden Albert heads to Dolphins
- PFT: All signs point to free agent tackle Albert signing with Dolphins
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Monday March 10Kent Somers talks all things Cardinals free agency.
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.