Updated May 11, 2012 - 5:31 pm
Cards CB Fleming unfazed about new scheme
The Cardinals' third-round draft pick exudes the utmost confidence when discussing the experience and knowledge he brings from Oklahoma and doesn't expect the learning curve to be too steep.
"At Oklahoma, they did a great job of teaching us some NFL systems and pro-style defenses so it's not going to be too bad for me," Fleming told the media after the first day of rookies-only minicamp Friday.
Fleming will be competing with Greg Toler, A.J. Jefferson and William Gay for the spot opposite 2011 first-round draft pick Patrick Peterson. The versatile defensive back will likely rotate among multiple positions in the Cardinals secondary.
With one day of rookie camp in the books, Fleming is feeling good about his chances to make an immediate impact.
"I feel great," Fleming said. "I feel like I can compete in anybody's system, in anybody's team. So I am just glad to be out here."
Fleming feels fortunate to have his first professional practice under his belt and to be able to show the Cardinals organization what he's capable of.
"It's the big leagues," Fleming stated. "I've finally got out to this side of the field. So I am happy and I am just going to compete and do the best I can."
- The 5: Top storylines heading into Arizona Cardinals training camp
- Arizona Cardinals' Patrick Peterson and Michael Floyd rank high on ESPN's list of top under-25 players
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals loaded with under-25 talent
- Arizona Cardinals place Tyrann Mathieu and Alameda Ta'amu on PUP list
- Cardinals receive 'B' offseason grade from USA Today
- Bickley Blast - Thursday July 24What will the future hold for the Cardinals and Larry Fitzgerald?
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday July 22ESPN NFL insider Mike Sando gives updates from around the NFC West as teams head into training camp.
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.