Updated May 11, 2012 - 5:31 pm
Cards CB Fleming unfazed about new scheme
The Cardinals' third-round draft pick exudes the utmost confidence when discussing the experience and knowledge he brings from Oklahoma and doesn't expect the learning curve to be too steep.
"At Oklahoma, they did a great job of teaching us some NFL systems and pro-style defenses so it's not going to be too bad for me," Fleming told the media after the first day of rookies-only minicamp Friday.
Fleming will be competing with Greg Toler, A.J. Jefferson and William Gay for the spot opposite 2011 first-round draft pick Patrick Peterson. The versatile defensive back will likely rotate among multiple positions in the Cardinals secondary.
With one day of rookie camp in the books, Fleming is feeling good about his chances to make an immediate impact.
"I feel great," Fleming said. "I feel like I can compete in anybody's system, in anybody's team. So I am just glad to be out here."
Fleming feels fortunate to have his first professional practice under his belt and to be able to show the Cardinals organization what he's capable of.
"It's the big leagues," Fleming stated. "I've finally got out to this side of the field. So I am happy and I am just going to compete and do the best I can."
- Arizona Cardinals linebacker Larry Foote says defense is good enough to overcome Darnell Dockett injury
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 22, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals' DE Calais Campbell: Dockett injury 'sucks,' others need to step up
- A game-time decision, Jonathan Cooper going through learning experience with Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals RB Andre Ellington bulks up in anticipation of harder hits this season
- Peter King, SI.com senior NFL writer - Friday August 22Peter King thinks Carson Palmer could have a big year for the Cardinals.
- Michael Floyd, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 22Michael Floyd says he thinks he can be the best wide receiver in the NFL.
- Jared Veldheer, Cardinals tackle - Friday August 22Jared Veldheer talks about his road from a Division II college to the NFL.
- Bob McManaman- Arizona Republic senior sportswriter - Friday August 22Bob McManaman believes that Jay Feely is in danger of getting cut from the Cardinals.
- Andre Ellington- Cardinals running back - Friday August 22Andre Ellington looks forward to a break out year with the Arizona Cardinals.