Cards CB Fleming unfazed about new scheme
The Cardinals' third-round draft pick exudes the utmost confidence when discussing the experience and knowledge he brings from Oklahoma and doesn't expect the learning curve to be too steep.
"At Oklahoma, they did a great job of teaching us some NFL systems and pro-style defenses so it's not going to be too bad for me," Fleming told the media after the first day of rookies-only minicamp Friday.
Fleming will be competing with Greg Toler, A.J. Jefferson and William Gay for the spot opposite 2011 first-round draft pick Patrick Peterson. The versatile defensive back will likely rotate among multiple positions in the Cardinals secondary.
With one day of rookie camp in the books, Fleming is feeling good about his chances to make an immediate impact.
"I feel great," Fleming said. "I feel like I can compete in anybody's system, in anybody's team. So I am just glad to be out here."
Fleming feels fortunate to have his first professional practice under his belt and to be able to show the Cardinals organization what he's capable of.
"It's the big leagues," Fleming stated. "I've finally got out to this side of the field. So I am happy and I am just going to compete and do the best I can."
- Bruce Arians and Charles Barkley in agreement on gay athlete issue
- Tyrann Mathieu making 'believers'
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals 26th in future power rankings
- Cardinals coach: As of now, Rashard Mendenhall is the starting running back
- Cardinals coach Bruce Arians on Daryl Washington: 'He's walking a very thin line'
- Impromptu Power Poll: Tim Tebow - Monday June 10Doug & Wolf's top 5 reasons why the Patriots signed Tim Tebow.
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br