Updated May 11, 2012 - 5:31 pm
Cards CB Fleming unfazed about new scheme
The Cardinals' third-round draft pick exudes the utmost confidence when discussing the experience and knowledge he brings from Oklahoma and doesn't expect the learning curve to be too steep.
"At Oklahoma, they did a great job of teaching us some NFL systems and pro-style defenses so it's not going to be too bad for me," Fleming told the media after the first day of rookies-only minicamp Friday.
Fleming will be competing with Greg Toler, A.J. Jefferson and William Gay for the spot opposite 2011 first-round draft pick Patrick Peterson. The versatile defensive back will likely rotate among multiple positions in the Cardinals secondary.
With one day of rookie camp in the books, Fleming is feeling good about his chances to make an immediate impact.
"I feel great," Fleming said. "I feel like I can compete in anybody's system, in anybody's team. So I am just glad to be out here."
Fleming feels fortunate to have his first professional practice under his belt and to be able to show the Cardinals organization what he's capable of.
"It's the big leagues," Fleming stated. "I've finally got out to this side of the field. So I am happy and I am just going to compete and do the best I can."
- Arizona Cardinals don't want to be NFC West's 'stepchild' any longer
- Arizona Cardinals will have Andre Ellington back on the field vs. Rams
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 6
- A different kind of measuring stick awaits Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals' coach expects 'questionable' Carson Palmer to play Sunday vs. St. Louis Rams
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 6Ron Wolfley grinds film all week and shares his findings in the Cardinals-Rams match-up
- John Clayton, ESPN NFL Insider - Friday December 6The Professor provides insight into this week's NFL headlines
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 5A recap of the Cardinals game in Philly and what to expect against the Rams.
- Craig Wolfley, Steelers Sideline Analyst - Thursday December 5Will Ben Roethlisberger leave the Steelers?