Updated May 14, 2012 - 3:16 pm
Cardinals sign four, including former ASU defensive back
The team announced Monday it had signed safety Eddie Elder, running back Javarris James, cornerback Larry Parker and kicker/punter Ricky Schmitt.
Elder should be familiar to Valley fans, as the 5-foot-10, 185-pound player played his last two seasons for Arizona State, where he tallied 130 tackles, three interceptions, seven passes defensed, one sack and one forced fumble.
The 6-foot, 215-pound James is a cousin of former Cardinals running back Edgerrin James. He spent the 2010 season with the Indianapolis Colts, playing in 10 games and leading the team with six rushing touchdowns. He was released by the Colts in September, 2011, and was out of football last season.
A two-year starter at San Diego State, Parker led the Aztecs with seven interceptions last season, while setting career highs with 65 tackles, three forced fumbles and one fumble recovery as a senior.
Schmitt, who originally signed with the Cardinals as a rookie free agent in 2007, has spent time on practice squads with Pittsburgh and Oakland, and made his NFL debut with San Francisco in 2009. He made two of three field goal attempts and both extra points in the game.
- A disappointed Darnell Dockett: Karlos Dansby 'chased the money'
- Arizona Cardinals 'bought right in' to offseason strength and conditioning program
- Arizona Cardinals' Dockett: 'Anything less than the playoffs is a failure'
- Thoughts on the 2014 Arizona Cardinals schedule
- Arizona Cardinals president Michael Bidwill on schedule: NFL 'gave us a lot of respect'
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals president - Thursday April 24What goes into the Cardinalsí draft preparation?
- Mark Schlereth, ESPN NFL analyst - Tuesday April 22ESPN NFL analyst Mark Schlereth talks about the NFL Draft.
- Terry McDonough, Cardinals VP of player personnel - Tuesday April 22Who will the Cardinals draft with their first-round pick?
- Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals wide receiver - Tuesday April 22How are the Cardinals getting better in the offseason?
- Derek Carr- Fresno State quarterback - Monday April 21Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr talks about the NFL Draft.