Updated May 14, 2012 - 3:16 pm
Cardinals sign four, including former ASU defensive back
The team announced Monday it had signed safety Eddie Elder, running back Javarris James, cornerback Larry Parker and kicker/punter Ricky Schmitt.
Elder should be familiar to Valley fans, as the 5-foot-10, 185-pound player played his last two seasons for Arizona State, where he tallied 130 tackles, three interceptions, seven passes defensed, one sack and one forced fumble.
The 6-foot, 215-pound James is a cousin of former Cardinals running back Edgerrin James. He spent the 2010 season with the Indianapolis Colts, playing in 10 games and leading the team with six rushing touchdowns. He was released by the Colts in September, 2011, and was out of football last season.
A two-year starter at San Diego State, Parker led the Aztecs with seven interceptions last season, while setting career highs with 65 tackles, three forced fumbles and one fumble recovery as a senior.
Schmitt, who originally signed with the Cardinals as a rookie free agent in 2007, has spent time on practice squads with Pittsburgh and Oakland, and made his NFL debut with San Francisco in 2009. He made two of three field goal attempts and both extra points in the game.
- Paul Fanaika, Arizona Cardinals offensive guard - Wednesday July 30The Arizona Cardinals’ offensive guard Paul Fanaika joins the show to discuss training camp.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Wednesday July 30NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner discusses Arizona Cardinals' training camp.
- Patrick Peterson, Arizona Cardinals cornerback - Wednesday July 30Arizona Cardinals' defensive cornerback Patrick Peterson discusses his new contract extension.
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.
- Pete Prisco- CBS NFL Analyst - Wednesday July 30Pete Prisco talks about the top cornerbacks in the NFL.