Updated May 14, 2012 - 3:16 pm
Cardinals sign four, including former ASU defensive back
The team announced Monday it had signed safety Eddie Elder, running back Javarris James, cornerback Larry Parker and kicker/punter Ricky Schmitt.
Elder should be familiar to Valley fans, as the 5-foot-10, 185-pound player played his last two seasons for Arizona State, where he tallied 130 tackles, three interceptions, seven passes defensed, one sack and one forced fumble.
The 6-foot, 215-pound James is a cousin of former Cardinals running back Edgerrin James. He spent the 2010 season with the Indianapolis Colts, playing in 10 games and leading the team with six rushing touchdowns. He was released by the Colts in September, 2011, and was out of football last season.
A two-year starter at San Diego State, Parker led the Aztecs with seven interceptions last season, while setting career highs with 65 tackles, three forced fumbles and one fumble recovery as a senior.
Schmitt, who originally signed with the Cardinals as a rookie free agent in 2007, has spent time on practice squads with Pittsburgh and Oakland, and made his NFL debut with San Francisco in 2009. He made two of three field goal attempts and both extra points in the game.
- Steve Keim, Cardinals GM - Friday April 18Will the Cardinals draft a quarterback?
- John McClain, NFL insider - Thursday April 17Who will the Texans draft?
- Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com writer - Tuesday April 15NFL.com writer Daniel Jeremiah talks about the NFL draft.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Tuesday April 15Which quarterback will be taken first in the NFL Draft?
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals' president - Wednesday April 9Cardinals president Michael Bidwill discuses the getting the 2015 NFL Pro Bowl.