Cardinals sign four, including former ASU defensive back
The team announced Monday it had signed safety Eddie Elder, running back Javarris James, cornerback Larry Parker and kicker/punter Ricky Schmitt.
Elder should be familiar to Valley fans, as the 5-foot-10, 185-pound player played his last two seasons for Arizona State, where he tallied 130 tackles, three interceptions, seven passes defensed, one sack and one forced fumble.
The 6-foot, 215-pound James is a cousin of former Cardinals running back Edgerrin James. He spent the 2010 season with the Indianapolis Colts, playing in 10 games and leading the team with six rushing touchdowns. He was released by the Colts in September, 2011, and was out of football last season.
A two-year starter at San Diego State, Parker led the Aztecs with seven interceptions last season, while setting career highs with 65 tackles, three forced fumbles and one fumble recovery as a senior.
Schmitt, who originally signed with the Cardinals as a rookie free agent in 2007, has spent time on practice squads with Pittsburgh and Oakland, and made his NFL debut with San Francisco in 2009. He made two of three field goal attempts and both extra points in the game.
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br
- Earl Watford, Cardinals 4th Round Selection - Wednesday May 1Earl Watford talked to Doug & Wolf about his strengths and being drafted out of a small school.