Cardinals rookie Massie can't wait to face team's stars
Graded by many to be a second-round talent, that he fell to the Cardinals at 112 is something that will motivate him going forward, as he looks to prove to everyone that he should have been taken sooner.
"I've got a chip on my shoulder, I felt like other teams kind of doubted me, my ability, and so when I put the pads on on Sunday they're going to realize they should have drafted me high," he told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Tuesday.
Massie started the process of proving himself last weekend in the rookie-only minicamp, and is now looking forward to testing his skills against the team's best defenders.
"I'm kind of anxious," Massie said. "I want to block the Darnell Docketts and, they've got a lot of good defensive ends there I'm just ready to compete with."
How Massie fares in OTAs and training camp will go a long way towards determining whether or not he opens the season as a starter. The team has a need at right tackle, and the 6-foot-6, 316-pounder from Mississippi could be exactly what the team needs.
Knowing that, Massie is preparing as if he's going to get a significant amount of playing time this season.
While having a fourth-round pick starting from Day 1 may not be a good sign for a team hoping to reach the playoffs, Massie is one of those guys whose draft stock could belie his ability.
The Cardinals can only hope.
- Bruce Arians and Charles Barkley in agreement on gay athlete issue
- Tyrann Mathieu making 'believers'
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals 26th in future power rankings
- Cardinals coach: As of now, Rashard Mendenhall is the starting running back
- Cardinals coach Bruce Arians on Daryl Washington: 'He's walking a very thin line'
- Impromptu Power Poll: Tim Tebow - Monday June 10Doug & Wolf's top 5 reasons why the Patriots signed Tim Tebow.
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br