Updated May 16, 2012 - 3:16 pm
Cardinals owner ranked 24th in NFL
Things have changed around the organization ever since Michael Bidwill took over, with impressive results to show for it.
However, that wasn't enough for The Big Lead to give the Cardinals ownership much credit.
In a piece ranking the NFL's bosses, the Cardinals came in 24th, ahead of only Miami's Stephen Ross, Washington's Daniel Snyder, Detroit's William Clay Ford, Kansas City's Clark Hunt, Cincinnati's Mike Brown and Cleveland's Randy Lerner.
Bidwell's standing has improved in recent years with the opening of the University of Phoenix Stadium and the Cardinals' competitive stretch with Kurt Warner at quarterback. He still ranks lowest on this list among owners who have had a team reach the Super Bowl because of all the bad years before, and he's been the one in charge for a while. (40 seasons, 41.0% win percentage, 1 Super Bowl Appearance, 13% of seasons in Final Eight).
The misspelling of Bidwill's name notwithstanding, it's interesting that while the site mentions how things have changed for the Cardinals, it's still not enough to really help the rankings.
Of course, it's just one guy's rankings, and at the end of the day the fact that the Cardinals ownership situation has obviously improved over the last few years is reason enough for optimism going forward.
- Arizona Cardinals place Tyrann Mathieu and Alameda Ta'amu on PUP list
- Cardinals receive 'B' offseason grade from USA Today
- NFL.com's Rosenthal: Calais Campbell among NFL's most underrated players
- Arizona Cardinals' Andre Ellington tops ESPN list of breakout candidates
- Ron Jaworski: Arizona Cardinals' Carson Palmer 20th-best QB in NFL
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday July 22ESPN NFL insider Mike Sando gives updates from around the NFC West as teams head into training camp.
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Friday June 20Keim discusses his players progress so far and his anticipation of future signings.