Updated May 16, 2012 - 3:16 pm
Cardinals owner ranked 24th in NFL
Things have changed around the organization ever since Michael Bidwill took over, with impressive results to show for it.
However, that wasn't enough for The Big Lead to give the Cardinals ownership much credit.
In a piece ranking the NFL's bosses, the Cardinals came in 24th, ahead of only Miami's Stephen Ross, Washington's Daniel Snyder, Detroit's William Clay Ford, Kansas City's Clark Hunt, Cincinnati's Mike Brown and Cleveland's Randy Lerner.
Bidwell's standing has improved in recent years with the opening of the University of Phoenix Stadium and the Cardinals' competitive stretch with Kurt Warner at quarterback. He still ranks lowest on this list among owners who have had a team reach the Super Bowl because of all the bad years before, and he's been the one in charge for a while. (40 seasons, 41.0% win percentage, 1 Super Bowl Appearance, 13% of seasons in Final Eight).
The misspelling of Bidwill's name notwithstanding, it's interesting that while the site mentions how things have changed for the Cardinals, it's still not enough to really help the rankings.
Of course, it's just one guy's rankings, and at the end of the day the fact that the Cardinals ownership situation has obviously improved over the last few years is reason enough for optimism going forward.
- Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com writer - Tuesday April 15NFL.com writer Daniel Jeremiah talks about the NFL draft.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Tuesday April 15Which quarterback will be taken first in the NFL Draft?
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals' president - Wednesday April 9Cardinals president Michael Bidwill discuses the getting the 2015 NFL Pro Bowl.
- Roger Kingdom, Arizona Cardinals' Speed Coach - Monday April 7Roger Kingdom talks about translating muscle gained to the field without slowing the players down.
- Itís Paulís Call with Paul Calvisi! - Friday April 4The rat pack is on the loose!