Updated May 16, 2012 - 3:16 pm
Cardinals owner ranked 24th in NFL
Things have changed around the organization ever since Michael Bidwill took over, with impressive results to show for it.
However, that wasn't enough for The Big Lead to give the Cardinals ownership much credit.
In a piece ranking the NFL's bosses, the Cardinals came in 24th, ahead of only Miami's Stephen Ross, Washington's Daniel Snyder, Detroit's William Clay Ford, Kansas City's Clark Hunt, Cincinnati's Mike Brown and Cleveland's Randy Lerner.
Bidwell's standing has improved in recent years with the opening of the University of Phoenix Stadium and the Cardinals' competitive stretch with Kurt Warner at quarterback. He still ranks lowest on this list among owners who have had a team reach the Super Bowl because of all the bad years before, and he's been the one in charge for a while. (40 seasons, 41.0% win percentage, 1 Super Bowl Appearance, 13% of seasons in Final Eight).
The misspelling of Bidwill's name notwithstanding, it's interesting that while the site mentions how things have changed for the Cardinals, it's still not enough to really help the rankings.
Of course, it's just one guy's rankings, and at the end of the day the fact that the Cardinals ownership situation has obviously improved over the last few years is reason enough for optimism going forward.
- Antonio Cromartie: Arizona Cardinals ‘most talented secondary' he has been a part of
- Arizona Cardinals' GM Steve Keim: Bobby Massie in 'best shape of his career'
- Personnel and penumbras
- Arizona Cardinals' Alex Okafor's transition to linebacker is complete
- Arizona Cardinals GM Steve Keim likes what he's seen from rookie John Brown
- Antonio Cromartie, Cardinals defensive back - Monday July 28Antonio Cromartie talks about his expectations for this year's Arizona Cardinals.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Monday July 28Cardinals coach Bruce Arians talks about the first days of training camp and what he's seen from pl
- Dave Pasch, Voice of the Arizona Cardinals - Monday July 28The voice of the Cardinals Dave Pasch shares his first impressions of training camp.
- Steve Keim, Arizona Cardinals GM - Monday July 28Cardinals GM Steve Keim talks about player evaluation during training camp.
- Kent Somers- AZCentral Sports - Friday July 25AZCentral Sports Cardinals beat writer Kent Somers discusses some of the challenges facing the Cardi