Updated May 16, 2012 - 3:16 pm
Cardinals owner ranked 24th in NFL
Things have changed around the organization ever since Michael Bidwill took over, with impressive results to show for it.
However, that wasn't enough for The Big Lead to give the Cardinals ownership much credit.
In a piece ranking the NFL's bosses, the Cardinals came in 24th, ahead of only Miami's Stephen Ross, Washington's Daniel Snyder, Detroit's William Clay Ford, Kansas City's Clark Hunt, Cincinnati's Mike Brown and Cleveland's Randy Lerner.
Bidwell's standing has improved in recent years with the opening of the University of Phoenix Stadium and the Cardinals' competitive stretch with Kurt Warner at quarterback. He still ranks lowest on this list among owners who have had a team reach the Super Bowl because of all the bad years before, and he's been the one in charge for a while. (40 seasons, 41.0% win percentage, 1 Super Bowl Appearance, 13% of seasons in Final Eight).
The misspelling of Bidwill's name notwithstanding, it's interesting that while the site mentions how things have changed for the Cardinals, it's still not enough to really help the rankings.
Of course, it's just one guy's rankings, and at the end of the day the fact that the Cardinals ownership situation has obviously improved over the last few years is reason enough for optimism going forward.
- Walt Powell claimed by New York Jets
- How the West Was Won - Week 1
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals' offense will offset losses on defense, lead team to a winning record
- Cardinals awarded waiver claim on OLB Thomas Keiser, waive rookie WR Walt Powell
- Bauman, Golden, Sopoaga, Hardy among Arizona Cardinals' final roster cuts
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 29The Arizona Cardinals and San Diego Chargers played one of the most pointless games in NFL history l
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.