Cardinals owner ranked 24th in NFL
Things have changed around the organization ever since Michael Bidwill took over, with impressive results to show for it.
However, that wasn't enough for The Big Lead to give the Cardinals ownership much credit.
In a piece ranking the NFL's bosses, the Cardinals came in 24th, ahead of only Miami's Stephen Ross, Washington's Daniel Snyder, Detroit's William Clay Ford, Kansas City's Clark Hunt, Cincinnati's Mike Brown and Cleveland's Randy Lerner.
Bidwell's standing has improved in recent years with the opening of the University of Phoenix Stadium and the Cardinals' competitive stretch with Kurt Warner at quarterback. He still ranks lowest on this list among owners who have had a team reach the Super Bowl because of all the bad years before, and he's been the one in charge for a while. (40 seasons, 41.0% win percentage, 1 Super Bowl Appearance, 13% of seasons in Final Eight).
The misspelling of Bidwill's name notwithstanding, it's interesting that while the site mentions how things have changed for the Cardinals, it's still not enough to really help the rankings.
Of course, it's just one guy's rankings, and at the end of the day the fact that the Cardinals ownership situation has obviously improved over the last few years is reason enough for optimism going forward.
- Impromptu Power Poll: Tim Tebow - Monday June 10Doug & Wolf's top 5 reasons why the Patriots signed Tim Tebow.
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br