Updated May 22, 2012 - 1:51 pm
All eyes on quarterbacks as Cardinals begin OTAs
Both quarterbacks have started for the Cardinals. Both quarterbacks have won games for the Cardinals. Both quarterbacks have potential.
Neither quarterback is a proven commodity.
Day 1 of OTAs is certainly no time to make judgments on the pecking order or where guys stand in the eyes of the coaching staff, but it is worth noting Kolb worked out with the first team Tuesday afternoon.
And given that this is Kolb's first full offseason with the team, he's doing the best he can to learn as much as he can.
"The biggest thing is, that most people don't realize, it's like a slow soaking process right now," he said. "Maybe we're installing four-five plays today, four-five tomorrow.
Kolb said that's how one becomes a faster and more accurate player, traits the team is hoping he'll show this season after a disappointing debut in the desert.
Of course, that's assuming he wins the job over Skelton, the third-year pro who many fans think should be the team's starter.
To his credit, the 24-year-old knows this time isn't so much about winning the job as it is just getting better.
He said there is a great difference between how things feel this year compared to last year, when there were no OTAs due to the lockout, and the year before, when he was a rookie.
"It's all about fixing the stuff that we were lacking last year on the field," he said. "Being able to translate stuff from the meeting rooms onto the field.
"You might not be able to win a job, but you'll probably be able to lose a job in an offseason like this."
Arizona Sports' Craig Grialou contributed to this report
- Despite interest from Cardinals, linebacker James Harrison retires
- Arizona Cardinals coach Arians: Logan Thomas as expected, has 'a good future'
- Arizona Cardinals coach Bruce Arians confirms James Harrison interest
- Arizona Cardinals coach Arians on Tyrann Mathieu's progress: 'We'll see how he tackles'
- Report: Bengals cornerback fined for hit on Arizona Cardinals' Ted Ginn
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 29The Arizona Cardinals and San Diego Chargers played one of the most pointless games in NFL history l
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.