Updated May 22, 2012 - 1:51 pm
All eyes on quarterbacks as Cardinals begin OTAs
Both quarterbacks have started for the Cardinals. Both quarterbacks have won games for the Cardinals. Both quarterbacks have potential.
Neither quarterback is a proven commodity.
Day 1 of OTAs is certainly no time to make judgments on the pecking order or where guys stand in the eyes of the coaching staff, but it is worth noting Kolb worked out with the first team Tuesday afternoon.
And given that this is Kolb's first full offseason with the team, he's doing the best he can to learn as much as he can.
"The biggest thing is, that most people don't realize, it's like a slow soaking process right now," he said. "Maybe we're installing four-five plays today, four-five tomorrow.
Kolb said that's how one becomes a faster and more accurate player, traits the team is hoping he'll show this season after a disappointing debut in the desert.
Of course, that's assuming he wins the job over Skelton, the third-year pro who many fans think should be the team's starter.
To his credit, the 24-year-old knows this time isn't so much about winning the job as it is just getting better.
He said there is a great difference between how things feel this year compared to last year, when there were no OTAs due to the lockout, and the year before, when he was a rookie.
"It's all about fixing the stuff that we were lacking last year on the field," he said. "Being able to translate stuff from the meeting rooms onto the field.
"You might not be able to win a job, but you'll probably be able to lose a job in an offseason like this."
Arizona Sports' Craig Grialou contributed to this report
- Arizona Cardinals don't want to be NFC West's 'stepchild' any longer
- Arizona Cardinals will have Andre Ellington back on the field vs. Rams
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 6
- A different kind of measuring stick awaits Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals' coach expects 'questionable' Carson Palmer to play Sunday vs. St. Louis Rams
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 6Ron Wolfley grinds film all week and shares his findings in the Cardinals-Rams match-up
- John Clayton, ESPN NFL Insider - Friday December 6The Professor provides insight into this week's NFL headlines
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 5A recap of the Cardinals game in Philly and what to expect against the Rams.
- Craig Wolfley, Steelers Sideline Analyst - Thursday December 5Will Ben Roethlisberger leave the Steelers?