Updated May 29, 2012 - 2:44 pm
Kevin Kolb sporting new helmet at OTAs
Kolb dealt with a turf toe injury that held him out of four games from late October until early December.
Then, in just his second game back, Kolb took a knee to the back of the head in a win over San Francisco that resulted in a concussion and ended his season.
The sixth-year pro claims that he's fully recovered from his second concussion in as many years, but it's also wise to take precautions.
Kolb took the field Tuesday in Tempe during team OTAs (organized team activities) sporting a new helmet to help prevent future head injuries.
"The biggest thing that I like is it protects the back of your head, which is where most concussions come from. That's where most of mine have come from," he said. "That was a big emphasis for me when I was looking for one this offseason."
The concussion Kolb suffered at the tail end of the 2011 season wasn't his first, but the Cardinals signal caller says that his "history" doesn't concern him all that much.
"No, I don't worry about them," he said. "That was a freak deal. If you go back and look at them, they don't happen all the time.
"Right now, my head's clear, I'm looking forward and I know I'll be in the league for a long time."
Arizona Sports' Kyndra de St. Aubin contributed to this report.
- Arizona Cardinals rookie John Brown continues to impress while ignoring the hype
- Arizona Cardinals center Lyle Sendlein to miss 3 weeks after suffering calf injury
- John Brown is like…
- Arizona Cardinals training camp -- Monday observations
- Report: Cardinals LB John Abraham arrested, charged with DUI in Georgia in June
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Monday July 28Lorenzo Alexander gives his take on replacing Daryl Washington and praises former teammate London Fl
- Darren Urban, Arizona Cardinals reporter - Monday July 28Cardinals reporter Darren Urban discusses team improvements and which player he thinks will have a b
- Antonio Cromartie, Cardinals defensive back - Monday July 28Antonio Cromartie talks about his expectations for this year's Arizona Cardinals.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Monday July 28Cardinals coach Bruce Arians talks about the first days of training camp and what he's seen from pl
- Dave Pasch, Voice of the Arizona Cardinals - Monday July 28The voice of the Cardinals Dave Pasch shares his first impressions of training camp.