Updated May 29, 2012 - 2:44 pm
Kevin Kolb sporting new helmet at OTAs
Kolb dealt with a turf toe injury that held him out of four games from late October until early December.
Then, in just his second game back, Kolb took a knee to the back of the head in a win over San Francisco that resulted in a concussion and ended his season.
The sixth-year pro claims that he's fully recovered from his second concussion in as many years, but it's also wise to take precautions.
Kolb took the field Tuesday in Tempe during team OTAs (organized team activities) sporting a new helmet to help prevent future head injuries.
"The biggest thing that I like is it protects the back of your head, which is where most concussions come from. That's where most of mine have come from," he said. "That was a big emphasis for me when I was looking for one this offseason."
The concussion Kolb suffered at the tail end of the 2011 season wasn't his first, but the Cardinals signal caller says that his "history" doesn't concern him all that much.
"No, I don't worry about them," he said. "That was a freak deal. If you go back and look at them, they don't happen all the time.
"Right now, my head's clear, I'm looking forward and I know I'll be in the league for a long time."
Arizona Sports' Kyndra de St. Aubin contributed to this report.
- Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com writer - Tuesday April 15NFL.com writer Daniel Jeremiah talks about the NFL draft.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Tuesday April 15Which quarterback will be taken first in the NFL Draft?
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals' president - Wednesday April 9Cardinals president Michael Bidwill discuses the getting the 2015 NFL Pro Bowl.
- Roger Kingdom, Arizona Cardinals' Speed Coach - Monday April 7Roger Kingdom talks about translating muscle gained to the field without slowing the players down.
- Itís Paulís Call with Paul Calvisi! - Friday April 4The rat pack is on the loose!