Updated May 29, 2012 - 2:44 pm
Kevin Kolb sporting new helmet at OTAs
Kolb dealt with a turf toe injury that held him out of four games from late October until early December.
Then, in just his second game back, Kolb took a knee to the back of the head in a win over San Francisco that resulted in a concussion and ended his season.
The sixth-year pro claims that he's fully recovered from his second concussion in as many years, but it's also wise to take precautions.
Kolb took the field Tuesday in Tempe during team OTAs (organized team activities) sporting a new helmet to help prevent future head injuries.
"The biggest thing that I like is it protects the back of your head, which is where most concussions come from. That's where most of mine have come from," he said. "That was a big emphasis for me when I was looking for one this offseason."
The concussion Kolb suffered at the tail end of the 2011 season wasn't his first, but the Cardinals signal caller says that his "history" doesn't concern him all that much.
"No, I don't worry about them," he said. "That was a freak deal. If you go back and look at them, they don't happen all the time.
"Right now, my head's clear, I'm looking forward and I know I'll be in the league for a long time."
Arizona Sports' Kyndra de St. Aubin contributed to this report.
- Ron Jaworski: Arizona Cardinals' Carson Palmer 20th-best QB in NFL
- NFL.com writers: Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald 'primed to regress in 2014'
- Arizona Cardinals' Lorenzo Alexander: Seattle Seahawks play championship game every week
- Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald beats Seattle Seahawks' Earl Thomas, gets slimed anyway
- Arizona Cardinals ranked 11th in Pro Football Talk's preseason power rankings
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Friday June 20Keim discusses his players progress so far and his anticipation of future signings.
- Kurt Warner, former AZ Cardinals QB - Thursday June 19How does he feel about being inducted into Cardinals' Ring of Honor?
- Kurt Warner- Former Cardinals QB - Wednesday June 18Former Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner talks about being inducted into the Ring of Honor.