Updated May 29, 2012 - 2:44 pm
Kevin Kolb sporting new helmet at OTAs
Kolb dealt with a turf toe injury that held him out of four games from late October until early December.
Then, in just his second game back, Kolb took a knee to the back of the head in a win over San Francisco that resulted in a concussion and ended his season.
The sixth-year pro claims that he's fully recovered from his second concussion in as many years, but it's also wise to take precautions.
Kolb took the field Tuesday in Tempe during team OTAs (organized team activities) sporting a new helmet to help prevent future head injuries.
"The biggest thing that I like is it protects the back of your head, which is where most concussions come from. That's where most of mine have come from," he said. "That was a big emphasis for me when I was looking for one this offseason."
The concussion Kolb suffered at the tail end of the 2011 season wasn't his first, but the Cardinals signal caller says that his "history" doesn't concern him all that much.
"No, I don't worry about them," he said. "That was a freak deal. If you go back and look at them, they don't happen all the time.
"Right now, my head's clear, I'm looking forward and I know I'll be in the league for a long time."
Arizona Sports' Kyndra de St. Aubin contributed to this report.
- Dave Pasch, voice of the Arizona Cardinals - Wednesday March 12Dave Pasch explains what it is like to work with Bill Walton.
- Tom Flores, Oakland Raiders radio color commentator - Tuesday March 11Tom Flores discusses Cardinals signing of left tackle Jared Veldheer.
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday March 11Is Jim Harbaugh still welcome in San Francisco?
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Monday March 10Kent Somers talks all things Cardinals free agency.
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.