Only three NFC West draft picks remain unsigned; two belong to Cardinals
Of those 34, 31 have signed contracts. Of the three who haven't, as ESPN.com's Mike Sando notes, two belong to the Arizona Cardinals.
Are congratulations in order?
First-round pick Michael Floyd and third-round selection Jamell Fleming have yet to sign with the Cardinals, though each have participated in OTAs and have been working with the team.
And, in a way, the lack of panic and frustration over the two not having put their name on the dotted line is a sign of how things have changed for the NFL.
The Cardinals, as we all know, used to make rookie holdouts an annual occurrence. From Andre Wadsworth signing the night before the team's first regular season game or Matt Leinart joining the club during the middle of the preseason, it was bigger news when a player was in camp on time.
That's no longer the case for the Cardinals or the rest of the NFL, as the new CBA makes it much easier to get rookies signed and in camp.
Still, it's interesting that the Cardinals have two of the division's three stragglers. The other one? San Francisco's A.J. Jenkins.
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br
- Earl Watford, Cardinals 4th Round Selection - Wednesday May 1Earl Watford talked to Doug & Wolf about his strengths and being drafted out of a small school.