Cardinals exploring joint workouts with Chiefs
The Arizona Cardinals will be in Kansas City on August 10 for a preseason match-up with the Chiefs and a week before that, they'll be in nearby Canton, Ohio for the Hall of Fame game. So, presumably, it would be convenient for the team to stay in the Midwest for that week long period.
According to the St. Joe Channel, members of the Cardinals staff have visited Missouri Western State University, located in St. Joseph Missouri, where the Chiefs hold training camp. They are in discussion with the Chiefs and Missouri Western to hold joint workout sessions with the team during that time period.
The deal is by no means done, the Cardinals staff took photos and videos of the facilities and are now going to evaluate their options with the rest of the team in Arizona. It's then up to them to decide whether or not to go through with the deal.
The joint training camp sessions are something the Chiefs have done in the past; they used to travel to Wisconsin to workout with the Minnesota Vikings, but haven't since 2010.
If a deal were to be reached, the Cardinals would be responsible for facility and dorm rental as well as other financial obligations.
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br
- Earl Watford, Cardinals 4th Round Selection - Wednesday May 1Earl Watford talked to Doug & Wolf about his strengths and being drafted out of a small school.