Cardinals sign first-round pick Michael Floyd
Floyd, taken with the 13th pick in last April's draft, tweeted the news Monday afternoon, and the Cardinals confirmed it minutes later.
The 22-year-old Floyd caught 100 passes as a senior and 271 over the course of his four-year career at Notre Dame, and is expected to get plenty of playing time as a rookie.
At 6-foot-3 and 225 pounds, Floyd has good size and enough speed to be a downfield threat in the NFL.
The hope is he'll take some pressure off of Pro Bowler Larry Fitzgerald and give the Cardinals another option in the passing game, which would be big for an offense looking to improve off of a couple lackluster seasons.
The Cardinals also announced the signing of third round pick Jamell Fleming, who inked a four-year deal Monday.
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br
- Earl Watford, Cardinals 4th Round Selection - Wednesday May 1Earl Watford talked to Doug & Wolf about his strengths and being drafted out of a small school.