Updated Jun 13, 2012 - 4:34 pm
Cardinals' Bidwill excited about direction of team
Bidwill knows there will be many key components in helping the Cardinals potentially realize that milestone and no position is more critical than the team's signal caller.
While it's been well-documented there is a quarterback battle in camp between Kevin Kolb and John Skelton, Bidwill told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Monday he feels healthy competition is beneficial to all his players.
"I think competition makes the individual players better and I am excited about it at not only the quarterback position but all the different positions that we've been able to have some good competition at," Bidwill said.
Another cause for enthusiasm about the team's future is the incoming draft class. Bidwill expects the rookies to contribute sooner rather than later to what he hopes will be a winning model.
Bidwill is also pleased to have been able to come to terms with the players in such a timely fashion. The Cardinals signed all their picks, including Michael Floyd and Jamell Fleming.
"I don't remember ever in the history of the NFL that all the rookies for any team were signed in June so the rookie system is working well," Bidwill said.
- Bauman, Golden, Sopoaga, Hardy among Arizona Cardinals' final roster cuts
- Despite interest from Cardinals, linebacker James Harrison retires
- Arizona Cardinals coach Arians: Logan Thomas as expected, has 'a good future'
- Arizona Cardinals coach Bruce Arians confirms James Harrison interest
- Arizona Cardinals coach Arians on Tyrann Mathieu's progress: 'We'll see how he tackles'
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 29The Arizona Cardinals and San Diego Chargers played one of the most pointless games in NFL history l
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.