Updated Jun 13, 2012 - 4:34 pm
Cardinals' Bidwill excited about direction of team
Bidwill knows there will be many key components in helping the Cardinals potentially realize that milestone and no position is more critical than the team's signal caller.
While it's been well-documented there is a quarterback battle in camp between Kevin Kolb and John Skelton, Bidwill told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Monday he feels healthy competition is beneficial to all his players.
"I think competition makes the individual players better and I am excited about it at not only the quarterback position but all the different positions that we've been able to have some good competition at," Bidwill said.
Another cause for enthusiasm about the team's future is the incoming draft class. Bidwill expects the rookies to contribute sooner rather than later to what he hopes will be a winning model.
Bidwill is also pleased to have been able to come to terms with the players in such a timely fashion. The Cardinals signed all their picks, including Michael Floyd and Jamell Fleming.
"I don't remember ever in the history of the NFL that all the rookies for any team were signed in June so the rookie system is working well," Bidwill said.
- John McClain, NFL insider - Thursday April 17Who will the Texans draft?
- Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com writer - Tuesday April 15NFL.com writer Daniel Jeremiah talks about the NFL draft.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Tuesday April 15Which quarterback will be taken first in the NFL Draft?
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals' president - Wednesday April 9Cardinals president Michael Bidwill discuses the getting the 2015 NFL Pro Bowl.
- Roger Kingdom, Arizona Cardinals' Speed Coach - Monday April 7Roger Kingdom talks about translating muscle gained to the field without slowing the players down.