Updated Jun 13, 2012 - 4:34 pm
Cardinals' Bidwill excited about direction of team
Bidwill knows there will be many key components in helping the Cardinals potentially realize that milestone and no position is more critical than the team's signal caller.
While it's been well-documented there is a quarterback battle in camp between Kevin Kolb and John Skelton, Bidwill told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Monday he feels healthy competition is beneficial to all his players.
"I think competition makes the individual players better and I am excited about it at not only the quarterback position but all the different positions that we've been able to have some good competition at," Bidwill said.
Another cause for enthusiasm about the team's future is the incoming draft class. Bidwill expects the rookies to contribute sooner rather than later to what he hopes will be a winning model.
Bidwill is also pleased to have been able to come to terms with the players in such a timely fashion. The Cardinals signed all their picks, including Michael Floyd and Jamell Fleming.
"I don't remember ever in the history of the NFL that all the rookies for any team were signed in June so the rookie system is working well," Bidwill said.
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 6Ron Wolfley grinds film all week and shares his findings in the Cardinals-Rams match-up
- John Clayton, ESPN NFL Insider - Friday December 6The Professor provides insight into this week's NFL headlines
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 5A recap of the Cardinals game in Philly and what to expect against the Rams.
- Craig Wolfley, Steelers Sideline Analyst - Thursday December 5Will Ben Roethlisberger leave the Steelers?