Cardinals' Bidwill excited about direction of team
Bidwill knows there will be many key components in helping the Cardinals potentially realize that milestone and no position is more critical than the team's signal caller.
While it's been well-documented there is a quarterback battle in camp between Kevin Kolb and John Skelton, Bidwill told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Monday he feels healthy competition is beneficial to all his players.
"I think competition makes the individual players better and I am excited about it at not only the quarterback position but all the different positions that we've been able to have some good competition at," Bidwill said.
Another cause for enthusiasm about the team's future is the incoming draft class. Bidwill expects the rookies to contribute sooner rather than later to what he hopes will be a winning model.
Bidwill is also pleased to have been able to come to terms with the players in such a timely fashion. The Cardinals signed all their picks, including Michael Floyd and Jamell Fleming.
"I don't remember ever in the history of the NFL that all the rookies for any team were signed in June so the rookie system is working well," Bidwill said.
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br
- Earl Watford, Cardinals 4th Round Selection - Wednesday May 1Earl Watford talked to Doug & Wolf about his strengths and being drafted out of a small school.