Whisenhunt wanted QB resolution two years ago
Tuesday, it was Kevin Kolb running with the ones.
The alternating between the two quarterbacks sharing first team reps has been a constant throughout the team's OTAs and minicamp practices.
The competition will continue throughout training camp next month in Flagstaff as the Cardinals get ready for their season opener September 7 against Seattle at University of Phoenix Stadium.
And while the quarterback competition will certainly be the main focus surrounding the team for the next two and a half months, head coach Ken Whisenhunt wishes it didn't have to be.
"If it was up to me, I would have preferred that we had a quarterback resolution two years ago," Whisenhunt said Wednesday. "But obviously that hasn't happened."
But the desire to have a solution won't press the sixth- year head coach into making a decision until he's ready to name a starter.
"When it happens, it happens," he said. "The guys are working hard and that's all you can ask of them. They're getting better at the things we're asking them to do. They're going to have to go through different tests -- the next stage is going to be being able to do that in training camp and then being able to do that in the preseason games."
Despite the uncertainty concerning the identity of the quarterback that will be the opening day starter, Whisenhunt is okay with either Kolb and Skelton potentially filling that role.
"I feel comfortable with the fact that we have guys that can do that, and more of a known quantity maybe than we've had before.
"You've got to let this competition play out honestly, it's got to be a fair competition. I think our players understand that, and I'm excited to see how it goes."
Arizona Sports' Craig Grialou contributed to this report
- Impromptu Power Poll: Tim Tebow - Monday June 10Doug & Wolf's top 5 reasons why the Patriots signed Tim Tebow.
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br