Updated Jun 14, 2012 - 8:44 am
Cardinals' Ryan Williams: 'I'm almost back'
One of the more promising things they saw was second-year running back Ryan Williams participating in 11-on-11 drills for the first time since suffering a torn right patellar tendon and meniscus in a preseason game against Green Bay last August.
Williams was encouraged about his progress.
"I'm almost back, I'm almost back," he said. "Three months left and I'll be there."
Williams wasn't the only one who was encouraged. Add head coach Ken Whisenhunt to that category.
"He looked good," Whisenhunt said following the practice. "You forget his quickness, his vision and to see him to that tonight...there's always a little trepidation going into this thing when you're coming back from a knee in your first action like that.
"So it was good to get it out of the way, it's out of his head. He looked good."
Williams, who suffered the injury at Lambeau Field on what was only his 5th carry of the preseason, pushed himself on Wednesday night, and was pleased with the results.
"You know, I haven't run that fast since I got hurt," he said. "I haven't done anything that fast, even though it was only three plays -- they kind of sprinkled me in there -- but I haven't done anything at that pace since I got hurt. It felt good."
Arizona Sports' Craig Grialou contributed to this report
- Arizona Cardinals place Tyrann Mathieu and Alameda Ta'amu on PUP list
- Cardinals receive 'B' offseason grade from USA Today
- NFL.com's Rosenthal: Calais Campbell among NFL's most underrated players
- Arizona Cardinals' Andre Ellington tops ESPN list of breakout candidates
- Ron Jaworski: Arizona Cardinals' Carson Palmer 20th-best QB in NFL
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday July 22ESPN NFL insider Mike Sando gives updates from around the NFC West as teams head into training camp.
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Friday June 20Keim discusses his players progress so far and his anticipation of future signings.