Updated Jun 14, 2012 - 8:44 am
Cardinals' Ryan Williams: 'I'm almost back'
One of the more promising things they saw was second-year running back Ryan Williams participating in 11-on-11 drills for the first time since suffering a torn right patellar tendon and meniscus in a preseason game against Green Bay last August.
Williams was encouraged about his progress.
"I'm almost back, I'm almost back," he said. "Three months left and I'll be there."
Williams wasn't the only one who was encouraged. Add head coach Ken Whisenhunt to that category.
"He looked good," Whisenhunt said following the practice. "You forget his quickness, his vision and to see him to that tonight...there's always a little trepidation going into this thing when you're coming back from a knee in your first action like that.
"So it was good to get it out of the way, it's out of his head. He looked good."
Williams, who suffered the injury at Lambeau Field on what was only his 5th carry of the preseason, pushed himself on Wednesday night, and was pleased with the results.
"You know, I haven't run that fast since I got hurt," he said. "I haven't done anything that fast, even though it was only three plays -- they kind of sprinkled me in there -- but I haven't done anything at that pace since I got hurt. It felt good."
Arizona Sports' Craig Grialou contributed to this report
- Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com writer - Tuesday April 15NFL.com writer Daniel Jeremiah talks about the NFL draft.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Tuesday April 15Which quarterback will be taken first in the NFL Draft?
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals' president - Wednesday April 9Cardinals president Michael Bidwill discuses the getting the 2015 NFL Pro Bowl.
- Roger Kingdom, Arizona Cardinals' Speed Coach - Monday April 7Roger Kingdom talks about translating muscle gained to the field without slowing the players down.
- Itís Paulís Call with Paul Calvisi! - Friday April 4The rat pack is on the loose!