Updated Jun 14, 2012 - 8:44 am
Cardinals' Ryan Williams: 'I'm almost back'
One of the more promising things they saw was second-year running back Ryan Williams participating in 11-on-11 drills for the first time since suffering a torn right patellar tendon and meniscus in a preseason game against Green Bay last August.
Williams was encouraged about his progress.
"I'm almost back, I'm almost back," he said. "Three months left and I'll be there."
Williams wasn't the only one who was encouraged. Add head coach Ken Whisenhunt to that category.
"He looked good," Whisenhunt said following the practice. "You forget his quickness, his vision and to see him to that tonight...there's always a little trepidation going into this thing when you're coming back from a knee in your first action like that.
"So it was good to get it out of the way, it's out of his head. He looked good."
Williams, who suffered the injury at Lambeau Field on what was only his 5th carry of the preseason, pushed himself on Wednesday night, and was pleased with the results.
"You know, I haven't run that fast since I got hurt," he said. "I haven't done anything that fast, even though it was only three plays -- they kind of sprinkled me in there -- but I haven't done anything at that pace since I got hurt. It felt good."
Arizona Sports' Craig Grialou contributed to this report
- Dave Pasch, Voice of the Arizona Cardinals - Monday July 28The voice of the Cardinals Dave Pasch shares his first impressions of training camp.
- Steve Keim, Arizona Cardinals GM - Monday July 28Cardinals GM Steve Keim talks about player evaluation during training camp.
- Kent Somers- AZCentral Sports - Friday July 25AZCentral Sports Cardinals beat writer Kent Somers discusses some of the challenges facing the Cardi
- Kevin Minter-Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 25Arizona Cardinals linebacker Kevin Minter discusses his new role this upcoming season.
- Bickley Blast - Friday July 25The Cardinals kick off training camp with high expectations.