Updated Jun 14, 2012 - 8:44 am
Cardinals' Ryan Williams: 'I'm almost back'
One of the more promising things they saw was second-year running back Ryan Williams participating in 11-on-11 drills for the first time since suffering a torn right patellar tendon and meniscus in a preseason game against Green Bay last August.
Williams was encouraged about his progress.
"I'm almost back, I'm almost back," he said. "Three months left and I'll be there."
Williams wasn't the only one who was encouraged. Add head coach Ken Whisenhunt to that category.
"He looked good," Whisenhunt said following the practice. "You forget his quickness, his vision and to see him to that tonight...there's always a little trepidation going into this thing when you're coming back from a knee in your first action like that.
"So it was good to get it out of the way, it's out of his head. He looked good."
Williams, who suffered the injury at Lambeau Field on what was only his 5th carry of the preseason, pushed himself on Wednesday night, and was pleased with the results.
"You know, I haven't run that fast since I got hurt," he said. "I haven't done anything that fast, even though it was only three plays -- they kind of sprinkled me in there -- but I haven't done anything at that pace since I got hurt. It felt good."
Arizona Sports' Craig Grialou contributed to this report
- Steve Tasker, NFL Analyst - Wednesday December 11Tasker discusses Carson Palmer, Tyrann Mathieu and what's going on with the Redskins.
- John Abraham, AZ Cardinals - Monday December 9Abraham discusses his outstanding game, his record career and how long he plans to play.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Monday December 9The Cardinals get a huge division win, but lose a huge piece to their defense.
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 6Ron Wolfley grinds film all week and shares his findings in the Cardinals-Rams match-up