Cardinals' Ryan Williams: 'I'm almost back'
One of the more promising things they saw was second-year running back Ryan Williams participating in 11-on-11 drills for the first time since suffering a torn right patellar tendon and meniscus in a preseason game against Green Bay last August.
Williams was encouraged about his progress.
"I'm almost back, I'm almost back," he said. "Three months left and I'll be there."
Williams wasn't the only one who was encouraged. Add head coach Ken Whisenhunt to that category.
"He looked good," Whisenhunt said following the practice. "You forget his quickness, his vision and to see him to that tonight...there's always a little trepidation going into this thing when you're coming back from a knee in your first action like that.
"So it was good to get it out of the way, it's out of his head. He looked good."
Williams, who suffered the injury at Lambeau Field on what was only his 5th carry of the preseason, pushed himself on Wednesday night, and was pleased with the results.
"You know, I haven't run that fast since I got hurt," he said. "I haven't done anything that fast, even though it was only three plays -- they kind of sprinkled me in there -- but I haven't done anything at that pace since I got hurt. It felt good."
Arizona Sports' Craig Grialou contributed to this report
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br
- Earl Watford, Cardinals 4th Round Selection - Wednesday May 1Earl Watford talked to Doug & Wolf about his strengths and being drafted out of a small school.