Updated Jun 14, 2012 - 3:11 pm
Cardinals coach Whisenhunt 'depressed' over minicamp's end
The team held its final practice Thursday afternoon in Tempe, putting a cap on a stretch that included a rookie- only minicamp, OTAs and now the two-a-day-practice minicamp.
Head coach Ken Whisenhunt is sorry to see it all end.
"Depressed," he said when asked how he feels now that it's all over. "It's been a good offseason, it just doesn't seem like it was long enough."
Whisenhunt admitted his feelings are a bit selfish, saying his players worked hard and got a lot done over the last few weeks.
But now the coach hopes his players will be productive over the final stretch of their offseason, being sure not to regress from this point.
"We've made progress," Whisenhunt said. "I don't know how much progress we've made and we still have a ways to go, but the important thing now is...that we don't take a step backwards."
So moving forward, the Cardinals do have some things to figure out, most notably who will be the team's starting QB Week 1 against Seattle.
On that topic, the coach was a little coy, saying that the competition between Kevin Kolb and John Skelton could not really be judged while players were wearing shorts in OTAs and minicamp.
"That's something, after we have some games and we have some practices up in camp, hopefully somebody will take the front in that race."
Arizona Sports' Craig Grialou contributed to this report
- NFL.com's Rosenthal: Calais Campbell among NFL's most underrated players
- Arizona Cardinals' Andre Ellington tops ESPN list of breakout candidates
- Ron Jaworski: Arizona Cardinals' Carson Palmer 20th-best QB in NFL
- NFL.com writers: Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald 'primed to regress in 2014'
- Arizona Cardinals' Lorenzo Alexander: Seattle Seahawks play championship game every week
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday July 22ESPN NFL insider Mike Sando gives updates from around the NFC West as teams head into training camp.
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Friday June 20Keim discusses his players progress so far and his anticipation of future signings.