Updated Jun 14, 2012 - 3:11 pm
Cardinals coach Whisenhunt 'depressed' over minicamp's end
The team held its final practice Thursday afternoon in Tempe, putting a cap on a stretch that included a rookie- only minicamp, OTAs and now the two-a-day-practice minicamp.
Head coach Ken Whisenhunt is sorry to see it all end.
"Depressed," he said when asked how he feels now that it's all over. "It's been a good offseason, it just doesn't seem like it was long enough."
Whisenhunt admitted his feelings are a bit selfish, saying his players worked hard and got a lot done over the last few weeks.
But now the coach hopes his players will be productive over the final stretch of their offseason, being sure not to regress from this point.
"We've made progress," Whisenhunt said. "I don't know how much progress we've made and we still have a ways to go, but the important thing now is...that we don't take a step backwards."
So moving forward, the Cardinals do have some things to figure out, most notably who will be the team's starting QB Week 1 against Seattle.
On that topic, the coach was a little coy, saying that the competition between Kevin Kolb and John Skelton could not really be judged while players were wearing shorts in OTAs and minicamp.
"That's something, after we have some games and we have some practices up in camp, hopefully somebody will take the front in that race."
Arizona Sports' Craig Grialou contributed to this report
- NFL writer: Cardinals wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald 'bound to improve' in 2014
- GM Steve Keim updates Arizona Cardinals' draft progress
- NFL Draft '14: Is it time for the Arizona Cardinals to draft a QB?
- Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald to be honored for off-the-field work
- 2014 Arizona Cardinals draft stock tracker
- Steve Keim, Cardinals GM - Friday April 18Will the Cardinals draft a quarterback?
- John McClain, NFL insider - Thursday April 17Who will the Texans draft?
- Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com writer - Tuesday April 15NFL.com writer Daniel Jeremiah talks about the NFL draft.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Tuesday April 15Which quarterback will be taken first in the NFL Draft?
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals' president - Wednesday April 9Cardinals president Michael Bidwill discuses the getting the 2015 NFL Pro Bowl.