Updated Jun 14, 2012 - 3:11 pm
Cardinals coach Whisenhunt 'depressed' over minicamp's end
The team held its final practice Thursday afternoon in Tempe, putting a cap on a stretch that included a rookie- only minicamp, OTAs and now the two-a-day-practice minicamp.
Head coach Ken Whisenhunt is sorry to see it all end.
"Depressed," he said when asked how he feels now that it's all over. "It's been a good offseason, it just doesn't seem like it was long enough."
Whisenhunt admitted his feelings are a bit selfish, saying his players worked hard and got a lot done over the last few weeks.
But now the coach hopes his players will be productive over the final stretch of their offseason, being sure not to regress from this point.
"We've made progress," Whisenhunt said. "I don't know how much progress we've made and we still have a ways to go, but the important thing now is...that we don't take a step backwards."
So moving forward, the Cardinals do have some things to figure out, most notably who will be the team's starting QB Week 1 against Seattle.
On that topic, the coach was a little coy, saying that the competition between Kevin Kolb and John Skelton could not really be judged while players were wearing shorts in OTAs and minicamp.
"That's something, after we have some games and we have some practices up in camp, hopefully somebody will take the front in that race."
Arizona Sports' Craig Grialou contributed to this report
- Arizona Cardinals Bruce Arians not surprised James Harrison retired
- Christian Tupou, Kevin Cone, Dominique Williams added to Arizona Cardinals' practice squad
- New Arizona Cardinals LB Thomas Keiser: I wanted to go pass rush for somebody
- Former Arizona Cardinals quarterback Max Hall arrested on shoplifting, drug charges
- Arizona Cardinals' GM Steve Keim: Jonathan Cooper will be great for the team
- Bruce Arians- Cardinals head coach - Tuesday September 2Bruce Arians thinks the NFC West has gotten stronger in 2014.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday September 2Will the NFL suspend 49ers' defensive end Ray McDonald?
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Tuesday September 2It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi!
- Steve Keim - Arizona Cardinals GM - Tuesday September 2Steve Keim discusses whether or not the Cardinals roster is set.
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves