Updated Jun 14, 2012 - 3:11 pm
Cardinals coach Whisenhunt 'depressed' over minicamp's end
The team held its final practice Thursday afternoon in Tempe, putting a cap on a stretch that included a rookie- only minicamp, OTAs and now the two-a-day-practice minicamp.
Head coach Ken Whisenhunt is sorry to see it all end.
"Depressed," he said when asked how he feels now that it's all over. "It's been a good offseason, it just doesn't seem like it was long enough."
Whisenhunt admitted his feelings are a bit selfish, saying his players worked hard and got a lot done over the last few weeks.
But now the coach hopes his players will be productive over the final stretch of their offseason, being sure not to regress from this point.
"We've made progress," Whisenhunt said. "I don't know how much progress we've made and we still have a ways to go, but the important thing now is...that we don't take a step backwards."
So moving forward, the Cardinals do have some things to figure out, most notably who will be the team's starting QB Week 1 against Seattle.
On that topic, the coach was a little coy, saying that the competition between Kevin Kolb and John Skelton could not really be judged while players were wearing shorts in OTAs and minicamp.
"That's something, after we have some games and we have some practices up in camp, hopefully somebody will take the front in that race."
Arizona Sports' Craig Grialou contributed to this report
- Forbes: Larry Fitzgerald among most overpaid players in NFL
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 20, 2014
- Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander defends Daniel Snyder but thinks Redskins should change name
- New Arizona Cardinals defensive lineman Isaac Sopoaga thrown right into the mix
- Arizona Cardinals' Tyrann Mathieu practices for the first time this season
- Lyle Sendlein, Cardinals center - Wednesday August 20Lyle Sendlein talks about coming back from his injury and the loss of Darnell Dockett.
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Wednesday August 20Lorenzo Alexander discusses having to step up to fill the voids left by injuries and free agents lea
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday August 20The NFL has a new problem on their hands, and it has to do with the Redskins.
- Larry Fitzgerald, AZ Cardinals WR - Wednesday August 20Doug & Wolf ask Fitz about the Cardinals offense and about his future in Arizona.