Updated Jun 18, 2012 - 7:06 pm
Cards' Fitzgerald among Forbes highest-paid athletes
Heralded wideout Larry Fitzgerald has not only accrued on the field accolades being the franchise face of the Arizona Cardinals, but thanks to his salary and endorsements, also an enviable fortune.
According to Forbes magazine, Fitzgerald placed No. 13 on the world's 100 highest-paid athletes list.
He nets $36.8 million in total earnings; $35.3 million of his fortune is from his salary and winnings, while $1.5 million comes from endorsement revenue from sponsors including Nike, AT&T, University of Phoenix and EAS.
The Pro Bowl receiver inked an eight-year, $120 million contract in August, which is the third-most ever in value for an NFL player.
Fitzgerald was the third-highest football player on the list, with Denver Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning taking the No. 10 spot and Baltimore Ravens defensive lineman Haloti Ngata coming in at 12.
Boxer Floyd Mayweather Jr. topped Forbes' list with an income of $85 million, making him the world's highest-paid athlete this past year.
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 3Get off Paul's Lawn!