Updated Jun 18, 2012 - 7:06 pm
Cards' Fitzgerald among Forbes highest-paid athletes
Heralded wideout Larry Fitzgerald has not only accrued on the field accolades being the franchise face of the Arizona Cardinals, but thanks to his salary and endorsements, also an enviable fortune.
According to Forbes magazine, Fitzgerald placed No. 13 on the world's 100 highest-paid athletes list.
He nets $36.8 million in total earnings; $35.3 million of his fortune is from his salary and winnings, while $1.5 million comes from endorsement revenue from sponsors including Nike, AT&T, University of Phoenix and EAS.
The Pro Bowl receiver inked an eight-year, $120 million contract in August, which is the third-most ever in value for an NFL player.
Fitzgerald was the third-highest football player on the list, with Denver Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning taking the No. 10 spot and Baltimore Ravens defensive lineman Haloti Ngata coming in at 12.
Boxer Floyd Mayweather Jr. topped Forbes' list with an income of $85 million, making him the world's highest-paid athlete this past year.
- Arizona Cardinals sign a pair of defensive lineman
- All-Access with Arians: Dockett to have surgery, Mathieu and Ta'amu back
- Arizona Cardinals begin to move on without Darnell Dockett
- Forbes: Arizona Cardinals are NFL's 25th-most valuable team
- Larry Fitzgerald taking things on a year-to-year basis, not worried about future with Arizona Cardinals
- Lyle Sendlein, Cardinals center - Wednesday August 20Lyle Sendlein talks about coming back from his injury and the loss of Darnell Dockett.
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Wednesday August 20Lorenzo Alexander discusses having to step up to fill the voids left by injuries and free agents lea
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday August 20The NFL has a new problem on their hands, and it has to do with the Redskins.
- Larry Fitzgerald, AZ Cardinals WR - Wednesday August 20Doug & Wolf ask Fitz about the Cardinals offense and about his future in Arizona.