Cardinals LB Haggans in PA jail
According to the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, Haggans will serve a mandatory 48 hours, then will get work release for seven days.
Haggans was arrested in April of 2011 in Maricopa County for speeding and running a red light. The linebacker's blood alcohol level was reportedly more than .20 percent -- or more than twice the legal limit in the state of Arizona.
Haggans issued a written statement on his arrest and incarceration Wednesday.
I would like to set the record straight as to the reason for me spending time in Westmorland County jail. On April 21st of 2011, I was at a concert with my wife when I got a call from our babysitter that our 5 year old daughter was having trouble breathing. She has been on medicine and inhalers since she was born because of her under developed lungs. The sitter was panicked. I had been drinking and my wife was planning on driving home from the concert. But my wife was wandering around when I got the call, and I couldn't find her. I tried calling her within the concert, but had no luck getting a hold of her. I needed to get home to my daughter immediately. I felt that my only choice was to drive home. While driving home, I sped and ran a red light, so I was pulled over. I, along with the officers, proceeded to my house and administered the treatment and my daughter responded.
In spite of the circumstances, I was issued a citation for two moving violations and suspicion of driving under the influence. As part of my agreement with the District Attorney's office, I have to spend 48 hours, plus seven additional nights in jail, to make restitution for my choices. In hindsight, I should have found another way home, and I take full responsibility for my actions.
If you have any additional questions, please contact my agent, Jeff Sperbeck at email@example.com.
The 12-year veteran re-signed with the Cardinals earlier this month. Haggans registered 46 total tackles and three sacks in 2011, which was his fourth year with Arizona.
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br
- Earl Watford, Cardinals 4th Round Selection - Wednesday May 1Earl Watford talked to Doug & Wolf about his strengths and being drafted out of a small school.